If I didn't know better...(dish cloth)

cajunwhacko

I started to wind some of the yarn off the cone for a friend, when I realized... omg I can't do that, what if it IS reincarnated socks and they DO come in pairs? Mind you, I realize that the odds of being struck by lightning or winning the lottery are better (and I really wish it had been a decent hour so I could have bought a lotto ticket last night), but I'm not going to tempt fate.

So after work I'm going to get out my hook and my cone of yarn and try again. I guess we'll see what happens, and I'll post a picture in any case.

I decided last night that I'm going to sew the ends in and frame it, and hang it up on my wall for all time as a reminder that even things that seem completely impossible can and do happen. It's something that I've been forgetting a lot lately, apparently to the point that I needed a dishcloth to remind me.

Tandy says that if the next one comes out the same, I should frame both as a testament that lightning really does strike twice. LOL

I still can't believe it happened, and when I walked into the computer room and saw it sitting on top of the printer I was awed all over again. The craziest thing is, every time I thought it was messed up when I was working on it, I would step back and look at it and realize it had just started the next diamonds going up.

I don't know what the stitch is, as it wasn't on the pattern. It was, if I remember correctly though, a matter of sc ch sc ch sc, then ch sc ch sc ch so they went through the spaces left by the ch. Quite simple and I really like how it turned out, I'm going to try it with mittens although heaven only knows what pattern I'll get lol.

That's the pattern I used on my last mittens Anne (the ones on my blog that I made for Jess but will be too small next winter). I love the stitch. Can't wait to see what your next one looks like.;)

I started to wind some of the yarn off the cone for a friend, when I realized... omg I can't do that, what if it IS reincarnated socks and they DO come in pairs? Mind you, I realize that the odds of being struck by lightning or winning the lottery are better (and I really wish it had been a decent hour so I could have bought a lotto ticket last night), but I'm not going to tempt fate.

So after work I'm going to get out my hook and my cone of yarn and try again. I guess we'll see what happens, and I'll post a picture in any case.

I decided last night that I'm going to sew the ends in and frame it, and hang it up on my wall for all time as a reminder that even things that seem completely impossible can and do happen. It's something that I've been forgetting a lot lately, apparently to the point that I needed a dishcloth to remind me.

Tandy says that if the next one comes out the same, I should frame both as a testament that lightning really does strike twice. LOL

I still can't believe it happened, and when I walked into the computer room and saw it sitting on top of the printer I was awed all over again. The craziest thing is, every time I thought it was messed up when I was working on it, I would step back and look at it and realize it had just started the next diamonds going up.

I don't know what the stitch is, as it wasn't on the pattern. It was, if I remember correctly though, a matter of sc ch sc ch sc, then ch sc ch sc ch so they went through the spaces left by the ch. Quite simple and I really like how it turned out, I'm going to try it with mittens although heaven only knows what pattern I'll get lol.

People might consider that a miracle. Maybe you should try to sell it on ebay. :lol :lol Seriously, that is so cool. Not just the stripes, but the way the lighter color fills them in. It's unbelievable that you didn't plan that. You should write to the yarn company and show them.

That is sooo awesome! I had a really neat diamond pattern appear when I made my AJ's wrist bag. Weird how it does it. Yours is great. Maybe you ought to frame it!:lol

Archived