If I didn't know better...(dish cloth)

cajunwhacko

If my mom hadn't said "omg" when she saw it... I would be going to the ER right now. Why? Because I just made a dishcloth. I know, no big deal, right?

th_PICT2705.jpg

I don't know what you have to do to be reincarnated as a dishcloth, but I think there was once a Scotsman who could tell us.

It just happened. The right pattern, the right variegated yarn... and I bet it wouldn't happen again in a million years. I might have to try again to find out though... and if it does, I think I'll need a cool drink and a lie-down.

Maybe it's actually a reincarnated sock and they'll come in pairs?

That is amazing how it turned out!!! And you didn't plan it?? What yarn & size hook did you use?

That is amazing how it turned out!!! And you didn't plan it?? What yarn & size hook did you use?

With the way I've been feeling I'm lucky to be able to plan going to the bathroom... lol

I used plain old Peaches n Creme off the cone and an I hook.

omg... that's kinda scary.... you HAVE to call that dishcloth Argyle! :hook

I don't know if I would want to use it!

You know those pictures that show Jesus or crosses when they aren't suppose to? Would that be the Crocheters equivilent?

At first glance I thought you had put all that incredible work into a -- dishcloth? Wow! I had variagated yarn come out as a perfect triangle on a purse, but you hit the jackpot. I think I'd just frame it.

How cool!!!

My first "real" project was a baby blanket using varigated yarn for my surrogate baby who I was pregnant with. It came out looking like one of the embryos we transferred. Quite freaky.

That is so neat. You may want to send a pic of it to the yarn company - who knows they may want to use it or know more about what you did to get the pattern. I'll never look at using varigated yarn for a dishcloth the same way again :P

That is so cool!

If you were to try it again; even if you used the same hook, the same stitches, and the same tension as you had on this one; you'd still have to begin at the precise point in the variegated yarn that you began with here. And then there is the variable of the yarn being dyed the same with the colors blending exactly as they were here.

:think What the heck did I just say??!:blink:lol

Archived