LB Day to Night Poncho

craftybutterfly

I used just one yarn instead of 2 like the pattern calls for. This is made with LB Homespun in Neuvou (sp?). Sorry, not sure how to spell that. This is super warm! one of the best things I've ever made for myself. Yes! for me me me! :lol Not giving this one away.

3043715778 100_0408 Front

100_0409 Back

I hope the picture loadin' works.

That came out beautifully. It will be nice and warm and become your wear everywear coat/garment... I have admired the pattern for years but never had the time to make it..Lovely..:manyheart

You did a wonderful job on this. :yes I love it! I saw this pattern on the LB website and did not care for it but all in one color is fabulous! Thank you for sharing and giving me a great idea for a future project. I do have a question, though----Did you make it in 2 separate halves and sew together like the pattern says or did you combine the 2 halves and do them all together at the same time? I think I could see the center back seam but wasn't sure. Do you think it would work this way? In other words, rows 1 and 2 would each have 48 dcs instead of 24; row 3 would have 56; row 4 would have 64; and so on for the 30 rows. Then the cowl neck would be done the same way. In my mind, it seems like it would work just fine but I'm not sure. Anyway, yours is beautiful!:clap

You did a wonderful job on this. :yes I love it! I saw this pattern on the LB website and did not care for it but all in one color is fabulous! Thank you for sharing and giving me a great idea for a future project. I do have a question, though----Did you make it in 2 separate halves and sew together like the pattern says or did you combine the 2 halves and do them all together at the same time? I think I could see the center back seam but wasn't sure. Do you think it would work this way? In other words, rows 1 and 2 would each have 48 dcs instead of 24; row 3 would have 56; row 4 would have 64; and so on for the 30 rows. Then the cowl neck would be done the same way. In my mind, it seems like it would work just fine but I'm not sure. Anyway, yours is beautiful!:clap

Yes, I pretty much followed the pattern except I added a few rows to each half to make it bigger. Like you, I didn't really like it in the two different yarns, then I saw another crafter's rendition on Ravelry in just one yarn, and again like you, it really changed my mind about the pattern. there is a back seam, and the front seam doesn't go all the way down which makes it open in the front. I LOVE it!! I got several complements yesterday and even had someone ask me to make them one. So it's a hit! super simple pattern! And in the homespun, it is very warm. It was windy and cold here yesterday, and I actually got a bit over warm while wearing it. I highly recommend the homespun for this one.

Thanks Melissa! It is definitely on my to do list and moving upwards on it! Question, though, aren't the ends of the homespun hard to work in? I only used it once and the ends wanted to unravel badly while using it. I love the feel of the yarn; it is so soft; but I had trouble there.

Thanks Melissa! It is definitely on my to do list and moving upwards on it! Question, though, aren't the ends of the homespun hard to work in? I only used it once and the ends wanted to unravel badly while using it. I love the feel of the yarn; it is so soft; but I had trouble there.

Not so hard to weave in, but I'm finding that they won't stay in, and some of them are working themselves out, kind of frustrating. For the next one, I thought I might either pose the question here, or just get some fabric glue and use that. Not sure yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived