Colorful Mittens

Nila

mittenon-thumb.jpg mittens-thumb.jpg

I started these mittens last semester I think, but ran out of yarn just before finishing the second one. I had bought the new yarn, but had lost my place in my poorly written notes so I never went back to them until yesterday. It was easy to finish the top of the hand just by looking at the other mitten, but I'd apparently never written anything down about how I'd done the thumb, so I half made it by looking at the other one and half made by winging it. (probably a good thing that I'd been winging it originally) The cuff hadn't been done on either one so I didn't have any problem making them the same :lol

They're done in Bernat Softee Chunky, the color Carnival I think. I love the swirly patterns you get with multi colored yarn when you work in a spiral. I think the second roll of it was most likely a different dye lot, but it's not an obvious thing. You can only really tell on the thumb of the second one anyways. Since the cuffs are the same it probably would have pulled it together if there had been a more noticeable difference. :hook

Thanks everyone! :manyheart

They look great. I'm glad you were able to finish the second one, I love that color.

Me too! I've started a matching hat with the rest of the skein, hopefully it'll be enough. :lol

Archived