Assorted Tape Measures (now with snowman)

Crafty-in-tally

Oh my god!! I love them! I have been thinking about doing something like that, but haven't actually started on it.. ;) But I really do love yours, my favourite is the turtle or Rudolph! :D

Really cute, I like the orange one. Are the patterns available?

If the patterns are available for free, the original poster is welcome to post a link to where they are available.

Everyone can read our free advertising policies to see what people who sell patterns, finished items, or have other crochet and fiber related businesses are able to post about their businesses if they don't choose to purchase advertising.

Those are so cute!! :eek I love the peppermint one. I have seen some crocheted online, but they are kind of expensive to buy. Great work!! :hook I can't wait to see the snowman one.

Tina

They are all so adorable! I think you just gave me an :idea for my craft group for next year. They all are getting donut pin cushions this year!

Really cute, I like the orange one. Are the patterns available?

I used an 88cent tape measure from Wally World (they are blue).

For the circles (make 2)

CH2

Row 1 6sc in second ch from hook (6). join to first stitch, ch 1 do not turn

Row 2 2 sc in each sc (12) join to first stitch, ch 1 do not turn

Row 3 1 sc then 2 sc repeat around (18) join to first stitch, ch 1 do not turn

Row 4 1 sc, 1 sc, 2 sc repeat around, join and finish off

For the side

CH 28

Row hdc in 3rd ch from hook and in each stitch to end(25)

(I hope I wrote these instructions correctly, not used to writing instructions)

Whipstich the circles to the side. I put a little hot glue on the tape measure to hold it in place while I sew it. I put a button on the opposide side of the "face" so people know where to push to retract the tape measure.

Then just use your imagination for the rest. I won't give away all my secrets :D

Hope this helps to get you started. Enjoy :)

I apologize if asking if a pattern was available was wrong. I hope you didn't feel pressured to post a pattern. I notice you have an on-line store & I would certainly have paid for the pattern, cause I'm not creative at all and am in awe of those of you who can come up with such clever ideas. Your tape measures are just so darn cute and would really make cute gifts for crafty friends. Thank you for sharing the pattern with us!

Archived