crochet party

I am planning a crochet party for some friends who already know how to crochet and some that want to learn :hook. I am hoping that all of you creative minds can help me come up with some ideas for wording on the invitation (something fun, clever, witty, punny-- you get the idea) or any ideas you may have that would add a creative touch to the party itself... :D Your help is incredibly appreciated! :D

Oh, sounds fun! Wish I had friends that lived close that crocheted. Let's see - Maybe have some different types of yarn that everyone could try out. For the ones learning how to crochet, how about a kit for the party - skein of yarn, easy instructions for maybe a discloth (after receiving permission to distribute pattern), hook, scissors, etc. If you are having food, how about pretzel rods in a container - like crochet hooks. Maybe spaghetti (although mess) - would look like yarn on a plate. Make up a punch and give it a "crochet" type name. Oh, I want to come - sounds fun.

Rnd 1 appetisers 1 cheese Y(ummy)O(ver) 2 crkrs

Rnd 2 Drinks toast 2tog in friendship!

Rnd 3 Projects* rep until 4:00pm!

Join all rnds!:yay

OK that's all I have for the friends and fiber fest!

The "Hookin and Cookin! Bash

The Sisters 'n' skeins Soiree!:yarn

OK I'll stop now!

What fun! Hmm, what for little favors? A second hook for everyone, perhaps larger sizes with a skein of bulky yarn? Or a small hook and thread for the adventurous? Do you have a second hand bookstore near you? Maybe you could find some cheap pattern books and have those as prizes for crochet-themed questions (you could put these in a bowl, and randomly pull a question out, or have a raffle so everyone gets a prize; I'm sure you'd make sure everyone goes home with something fun).

I like the dishcloth idea. How about holiday celebrations? Maybe a follow-up ornament making party?

Patty

Sounds like fun.......you could get a few copies of the patterns that are available for free in stores and give them as prizes with the recommended hook and some yarn. Be sure to give everyone the Crochetville forum address!

I am planning a crochet party for some friends who already know how to crochet and some that want to learn :hook. I am hoping that all of you creative minds can help me come up with some ideas for wording on the invitation (something fun' date=' clever, witty, punny-- you get the idea) or any ideas you may have that would add a creative touch to the party itself... :D Your help is incredibly appreciated! :D[/quote']

This might be a good time of year to find a shepherd's crook. This looks like a crochet hook and could be placed like a welcoming beacon near the front door.

How about "Let's join together and get hooked on crochet?" Or

"Join me and get hooked on crochet."

Or...if you want to be extra-sassy, you could always put on the front: "Ever want to become a hooker?" Then on the inside put, "Then join me and get hooked on crochet!" Of course, i don't know how old you are so that may not be very appropriate.

This really is such a neat idea!! I wish I had friends to do this with. LoL

That hook key chain is the best thing I have seen! I always remember to stuff a skein into my purse for doctor's appts and such but I forget the hook every single time. :blush

This sounds like so much fun. Wish I had some crochet buddies.

I hope you post after the party and let us know how it went and how much fun you had. :hook

What about a stash exchange? Tell those who already crochet to bring some yarn they don't want any more and it can be exchanged for some others.

I think it's a wonderful idea to have a crochet party. It may even turn into a monthly group. How lucky you are!

:manyheart

Hmmmmm... Invitation wording.....

Front- Need a little more fiber in your diet?

Inside- Come get your fill and join me for a crochet party!

Maybe have a small pic of someone crocheting on the inside and on the front maybe a skein of yarn.

hmmm kinda corny.. I will have to think more.

"Let me Hook you up!!"

"Let's get tangled together"

Maybe a pattern exchange?

Every one brings something to the party, assign points for items brought, ie: 5 points for a large skein, 3 for a small one, 10 for a hook, and so on for patterns, booklets, other accessories. Use play money for the points and Hold an auction using that as payment.

Blind fold person, lay an assortment of yarns on table and the one who can guess (what kind of yarn it is) the most correct gets to pick one (or more) of them to keep.

I envy you I would love to do something like that.

"Let me Hook you up!!"

Blind fold person, lay an assortment of yarns on table and the one who can guess (what kind of yarn it is) the most correct gets to pick one (or more) of them to keep.

Oh! I like that! Sounds like fun! The "Name that Yarn" game. :hook

Hmmmmm... Invitation wording.....

Front- Need a little more fiber in your diet?

Inside- Come get your fill and join me for a crochet party!

Maybe have a small pic of someone crocheting on the inside and on the front maybe a skein of yarn.

hmmm kinda corny.. I will have to think more.

Maybe put the skein on a plate also?

Archived