Temperatures soar well past 100 and no water available at Pine ridge

rosa

There are some new pictures up at the CFAC site! It really brings it close to home, seeing the people we try to help. I wish I had four more hands to crochet with! :lol

:hook :hook

:knit :knit :knit (Or knit...)

Tina

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey what does everyone think about making some leg warmers for PR? Or are they 'out' now, already? I have seen some here at Crochetville, and thought that would be another nice thing to send to keep kids warm this winter... :wgrin A hat, scarf, mitten, legwarmer set. :hook (Boy am I biting off more than I can chew here.) :lol

Tina

Crocheting leg warmers is going to be so fun! I used to have a pair when I was 12 or 13 I think. I remember thinking I was so cool. :lol It will feel good knowing it will help keep some little girls' legs warm, too. :manyheart

Tina

I think leg warmers are 'in' now. And even if they aren't in the big city, out on the cold reservation I know they'll be very IN.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm... I still haven't made any leg warmers (forgot about that) :lol But I wanted to post a picture of a hooded baby sweater that I just finished tonight. It turned out great, I think. (Not to toot my own horn, but...)

[/url]th_Picture1146.jpg

I am not sure what size it is; it looks to be about 12-18 mths maybe... (Clickable Image)

Tina

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another one with a hat I finished, for the Baby It's Cold Outside! CAL:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/TPryst/Picture1172.jpg

(Clickable Image)

It is a six month size, nice and thick; so I thought it would be perfect to send to PR as it gets really cold there and all... :snow

Well I don't know what is up have I forgot how to post pictures or am I going crazy? Well if you click the link it will take you to the picture anyways. ;)

Tina

• 9 months later...

How is the Crafting for a Cause group going? I miss it. I am not really in much of a better position to join... I could maybe make squares. But I don't know if I could sign up for an elder or not right now... Could I join again, if that would be all right? :think

Tina

You don't have to sponsor an elder to join, all they ask is that you do whatever you can...squares are always welcome as there are people who collect and assemble them into afghans. Every little bit becomes something big when we all work together. Come join us.

:clap I didn't know if you would want me back or not. I am in the process of joining. Just waiting for the okay from the group. Yay!! I am excited about this.

I have not lost contact with one of the elders I did sponsor. I haven't written her in a while. But I did send her one or two more boxes after I had quit the group. She sent me pictures of her and her grandchildren. It felt like family, you know? :c9

Thanks Kathy!

Tina

Hey Tina! You are right, every little bit helps. All we ask is one donation per quarter. That could as small as one square to be incorporated into our square drive or one scarf or one afghan. We are all working together to make someone warm. :)

jana

Hi Jana! Well, I have had a *new* job since January of this year. I don't make much (barely covers my car payment), but we are doing a lot better than we were when we first moved here. I'm so happy to be back!:yay

Tina

HI all! I just wanted to check in, and see what kinds of things are needed this fall as it is getting colder. My charity group focuses on different charity group each mont, and we're wanting to help those on this reservation sometime in October. I would like to know though, if there is anything in particular that they need a lot of that our group could focus on? I love making afghans, and our group might do that, but anyway... Thanks so much for all you do!! :)

Victoria

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Victoria,

Afghans would be awesome to send to the reservation in October. :hug

Our group CFAC will be doing a blanket drive in the next few weeks. Last year we reached our goal of 100+ afghans for Pine Ridge.:yay:cheer This year we are hoping for 125+. :yes

Victoria I have addresses for you if you need them, just send me an email at lshaffley@muchomail.com

• 2 weeks later...
Was someone going to be doing something with yo-yos, too? :think I don't think I've ever even made a yo-yo... good thing for scrap yarn!

Tina

Hey Tina - You read correctly. For Oct and Nov we are going to put the squares aside and do some yo yo's. Keep you eyes on the CFAC board for more info to come.

jana

Archived