FO from your handspun

sammimag

Hey all,

I think it's so great there are so many new and experienced spinners here at the 'ville. I'd love to see what you have been making (or made) with your handspun, especially if it's crocheted since this is a crochet forum.

2957865765_7aa5dfc641_s.jpg

(clickable)

I even wrote up a pattern for it here. It's made from some spindle spun yarn but plied on my wheel.

Well Sammi, i have a crocheted item for you this time!

My DH is a fur tapper, he's doing some water trapping right now and his feet get very cold in his hip waders. He asked if I could make him some sort of slipper that he could put over his socks and wear with the waders.

I got in some wonderful naturally colored alpaca and wool roving last week, spun up 200+ yards on Monday and finished these up yesterday. DH is trying them out today

rav_dec08b.jpg

rav_dec08c.jpg

They should felt nicely after a few wearings.

YankeeMom go ahead and share your scarf with pride!

Here's my scarf that I made with my first VERY bulky spun yarn. I finger knitted it so it really doesn't count as crocheted but...

1342564093_b4d552d564_m.jpg

I'm prettying it up with bits of all my handspun so it will be my handspun scarf diary.

2977773815_5d0e37a8f8_m.jpg

Here I've added a flower and leaves. I've made some curlies and other bobs that I need to add an take a pic of too.

Well Sammi, i have a crocheted item for you this time!

My DH is a fur tapper, he's doing some water trapping right now and his feet get very cold in his hip waders. He asked if I could make him some sort of slipper that he could put over his socks and wear with the waders.

I got in some wonderful naturally colored alpaca and wool roving last week, spun up 200+ yards on Monday and finished these up yesterday. DH is trying them out today

rav_dec08b.jpg

rav_dec08c.jpg

They should felt nicely after a few wearings.

These are gorgeous! I love the slipper type you chose. they look nice and comfy!

• 1 month later...

Archived