twisting??

Me&P

I started my first thread project this evening and the freaking stuff kept getting all twisted... So what's the trick?

I was using metallic Knit Cro-Sheen, if that matters.

I was! I expected some, though. I've never worked with thread before. I'd just been leaving the hook in and hanging it up. Does it still get twisty even if you have a holder (like a papertowel holder)?

I was! I expected some, though. I've never worked with thread before. I'd just been leaving the hook in and hanging it up. Does it still get twisty even if you have a holder (like a papertowel holder)?

I leave the hook in too, I guess I'm just brave lol. Or too lazy to find something else to put in the stitch?

Unfortunately it does still get twisted up when you have it in a holder.

Good luck with it!

I'm having the same problem with another bookmark I'm making and it's driving me crazy but I'm almost done with it so am anxious to block/starch it so it won't curl anymore. This bookmark is my absolute favorite and I cannot wait to show it to you all! It'll go into the swap but then I'm making one for myself!

My thread tends to twist, as well. The only ball that didn't was some ecru Old Maid several years ago (I remember it well!)--it was slightly starched, I think, so the twist of the thread didn't want to move around as much.

I also leave the hook in, but not the working part--I slide it up so the, uh, thingie in the thingie... aw heck, I give up, picture time!

twistinghook.jpg

...like that. ^_^

I just posted my bookmarks on Show & Tell. If you notice, the red boot has a crochet hook laying across the bottom, that's to hold it in place otherwise it curls right up. It was so curly while I was crocheting it I almost gave up on it but I prevailed. It will definately need blocking & starching! It drove me crazy!

Archived