Hats, scarves and mittens Cal

Super Granny

Cute scarves! I really like the bright one.

Well I have the scarf for my father done so far, now onto the hat. Except I'm not too good at the Fpdc or Bpdc just yet and the directions are kind of confusing. But I refuse to let a pattern get the best of me! :lol So hopefully I will be done with that in a few days.

Also...does anyone have a really easy kids' mitten pattern? My 3-y/o dd is just in love with "snowy things" (a.k.a. mittens,) so I think she'd like to find a pair in her stocking this year. :hook

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you! They look easy enough. I might even use wool and felt them. :D

I finished the hat and scarf- pics to come soon! The hat pattern wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, once I got the correct placement of the first fpdc's. :hook

Well, see, I live in the Boonies on the Eastern Shore, and let me just tell ya...having to rely on only Walmart to get yarn, it just don't cut it for me...i order alot of my yarn from Joanns. All I can say is I musta went out on a limb or it musta been on sale, but whatever I did, I'm glad I did it!! It is great to work with, and the scarf is so soft. I've had it for about 6 months or more...and didn't know what to do with it. Now that I'm not working, most of the gifts this year will be handmade, so I decided to use it for a scarf. Now my problem is that the cost is $4.99 per 50g skein...thats really not much yarn for that price.

I'm like you - mostly RH, but I do like the Caron Perfect Match - its a bit softer than RH.

We have a JoAnn's about 15 miles from me but forget it when it comes to yarn... I don't do much ordering online.. right now we're living on my Social Security (from disability -heart) and Hubby's Pension and waiting for his SS to start..he retired Oct. 31 but won't get his first check 'til Christmas eve... thank god for food stamps and the fact our home was paid for before I became disabled...

had a busy weekend and only got 1 hat finished... sending some hats and mittens with the youngest grandgirl tomorrow they are having a mitten tree at her school with all the hats and mittens going to the christmas bureau...

This one is a gift for my neighbor. It's a free pattern called "Crocus Scarf". *** Free Pattern link here*****

http://www.knittingdaily.com/blogs/p...cus-scarf.aspx

It's very warm and soft. As you can see someone besides my neighbor would love to wrap up in it. Tuss E. Cat won't leave it alone. :lol

th_DSCN0001-7.jpg

th_DSCN0010-2.jpg

Thats a really pretty pattern...did you get the pattern online??

I've gotten the puff scarf and hat completed - pics are posted under show-n-tell accessories.

Got another hat completed but i'm not happy with it...so i'm gonna add a couple more rounds to make a cuff. Started another scarf too.

Very pretty scarves!

I am about to start on a hat for dh, who loved the one I made for my father. It will be the same type since the pattern went quickly once I figured out where the stitches went. :lol

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to join in on this CAL, too. I've been making a baby hat; but have plans for all sizes to send to the PR reservation for the winter...

We only have a WalMart here, and their selection of yarn stinks (so does their selection of just about everything else). I have to drive an hour to go to a Michaels. At least there's one I can drive to. Last night I was going to order one skein of yarn and it would have been $7.99 with shipping. Ridiculous....

Tina

Hi,

I've been working on a few hats. One to match the "crocus" scarf from above and two for my favorite great nieces. Now I really need to get busy on finishing up my Christmas crochet! All clickable...

th_DSCN0005-5.jpg Claire's new hat

th_DSCN0005-4.jpg Emma's new hat

th_DSCN0007-5.jpg Em modeling the crocus hat

th_DSCN0016-1.jpg A Christmas gift. This one done..... Lots to do yet!

Nancy all your things are really nice. :hook I made up some newborn baby mitts last night. I posted the pattern in original patterns-links, but here it is real quick. If anyone else is making newborn things right now. :think

th_004-14.jpg

I'll post a picture of the whole set (hat, mittens, booties) when I finish some booties... haven't decided on a pattern yet...

Tina

Nancy all your things are really nice. :hook I made up some newborn baby mitts last night. I posted the pattern in original patterns-links, but here it is real quick. If anyone else is making newborn things right now. :think

th_004-14.jpg

I'll post a picture of the whole set (hat, mittens, booties) when I finish some booties... haven't decided on a pattern yet...

Tina

Thanks for the pattern Tina. They're very nice. I'll look for the set when you post it. :D

Wow! Everyone's work looks great!

Snapdragon928- I used a pattern from the Lion Brand website for the mittens I made for my 3-y/o and they turned out really well- http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80670AD.html?noImages=

I used Berella 4 and a size H hook. Next time I would use an I. They were really simple though and it only took me a couple of hours to make the set.

I have been working on several scarves. I'll see if I can get a picture of them tomorrow.

Archived