Do you have the urge to buy another crochet hook?

fc1123

Yes under two conditions - I love blue so if I find a blue hook in a size I don't have one in I'll buy it everytime and if I'm at a flea market and find older ones that are steel I'll get them - I will not buy anything but a Boye hook as I don't like the way the others feel in my hand and the shape of the hook; if that makes any sense.

Yes under two conditions - I love blue so if I find a blue hook in a size I don't have one in I'll buy it everytime and if I'm at a flea market and find older ones that are steel I'll get them - I will not buy anything but a Boye hooke as I don't like the way the others feel in my hand and the shape of the hook; if that makes any sense.

no that doesn't sound weird to me because I've noticed how weird the arcylic hooks feel in my hand and it takes me a little while to adjust to them. I love blue also that is my favorite color

Nope, I like to have duplicates of each size I use, and I don't have that yet. And then I got this "brilliant" idea of having a different color for each size hook. So I want to start doing that. I just thought it would be easier to say I need an "h" hook, that's gold rather than read those tiny little letters, lol.

Nope, I like to have duplicates of each size I use, and I don't have that yet. And then I got this "brilliant" idea of having a different color for each size hook. So I want to start doing that. I just thought it would be easier to say I need an "h" hook, that's gold rather than read those tiny little letters, lol.

I always thought it was that way!!! E is green, G is yellow, H is blue....a visual thing!

I was really upset a few months ago when I went to buy a new H hook and was trying to find a blue one. I was thinking the stock was all mixed in why was a H in the same line as the J and E until I acutally looked at the letter :blush Yea Capitan Obvious!

Well, I have this highly unorganized system of keeping hooks in all my project bags and some in one of my yarn bins, so I'm forever losing them and then having to hunt to find them--so yes, I keep wanting to buy more so that I will have some of each size SOMEWHERE.

Also, I've recently become a Susan Bates devotee, so I've been trying to buy up those. I'd love to try those bamboo-handled ones--I have those on a wish list.

Under certain conditions, I just gave all my doubles to grand daughter.

I don't like the lucite or acrylic ones in my hands either. I just purchased some ergonomic ones, and will always be on lookout for steel or aluminum ones to replace the plastic ones I have, but only on sale or auction.

Plus I still want to try a wooden one.

I have what I would call a beginner's set of hooks. Basically the most popular sizes, so I want to get the other ones so I have a complete set. lol And I find that if I need a break from one project and want to work on something quick, I need to borrow the hook I was using because the pattern calls for the same size. Having more than one hook for certain sizes would be nice. lol

Ohhh, thats a great idea! I hate having to read those little letters too.

Aw darn, now I guess I'll have to got to JoAns. :faint

I start with sets of the lighted ones, soft touch, bamboo, etc. Then I have multiples of every individual size. Whenever I have a coupon or when I see them on sale, I buy different sizes. I have the colored crystallites (bought for a buck), the totally clear ones also. My favorite brand is Susan Bates (the yarn seems to flow better for me with those hooks) and since I have multiple projects going on at the same time, I need to have several of each size.

LI Roe

thats so cool that i am not the only one that has a hook addiction lol,. i know i have atleast 3 I hokks,,, different colors... you know I only have 1 G hook and if that gets lost i am in trouble .. was wondering when there are swaps or secret swaps... thanks katie

Archived