Sign in to follow this  
MaryC/TX

Sweater Patterns for Boys size 6 and up

Question

I have looked and cannot seem to find a pattern for boys that don't look girlish. Any one have any ideas or suggestions? TIA

3 answers to this question

Red Heart has a booklet out, It's Great to Give, 14 projects for Gifts and Charities. It has both knit and crochet ideas. The pattern for a basic pullover sweater comes from Guideposts Magazines Knit for Kids project, that encourages sweater making for kids around the world. The schematics for different sizes are on their website, http://www.knitforkids.com ,I think. I've made 2, one in pink for my 3 yr old Granddaughter, and now the first of 3 for the boys in brown w/manly color stripes. You can pretty much figure out any size you want from their basic pattern.

Thank you for this great site!:clap

Red Heart has a booklet out, It's Great to Give, 14 projects for Gifts and Charities. It has both knit and crochet ideas. The pattern for a basic pullover sweater comes from Guideposts Magazines Knit for Kids project, that encourages sweater making for kids around the world. The schematics for different sizes are on their website, www.knitforkids.com ,I think. I've made 2, one in pink for my 3 yr old Granddaughter, and now the first of 3 for the boys in brown w/manly color stripes. You can pretty much figure out any size you want from their basic pattern.

Thanks for the link, I will check it out.