Schoolbus scarf

dewbaby00

Here is a bus scarf I just finished. I was browsing through here and my son saw this

Hop on the Bus, Gus

by: Amanda Rader

scarf and asked me to make it for his friend the bus driver so I couldn't resist.

2973128180047560794fgTuyX_th.jpg

More pics here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/566168412neizTj?vhost=good-times

We will be giving it to her tomarrow morning.

The bus driver came off the bus when dropping the kids off to tell me she didn't realize the scarf was a bus until she got about a mile down the road, lol. She took it into the bus garage and all the ppl liked it alot, one lady is a crocheter so the bus driver I gave it to had to go home and find the pattern online so she could get her scarf back. So the scarf was a big hit and realy made my day giving a gift that was realy liked. :cheer

• 3 months later...

I just finished making one of these too. I have been trying to get a contact address for Amanda to see if I can sell them on line, but so far no luck. I looked at her blog site and it doesn't have an email address for her, so am a little frustrated. But, I really like the way it turned out. I am sure I can find some lucky bus driver to give it too if I can't sell it. (wouldn't want to break any copyright laws by selling without her permission)

Judy in cold snowy Idaho

I too am a school bus driver. I can imagine her surprise when you gave it to her. This would make any bus driver proud. We generally have a thankless job. No one really comprehends the amount of responsibility a bus driver carries. It was very nice of you to do something nice for a fellow driver. KUDOS to you and your son. BTW, I also have this pattern but haven't made it yet. You did a great job!

Archived