Rainbow Ribbon Scarf

goldenj32w2

I just finished this scarf. It took me forever to figure out what kind of stitch I wanted to use. I was going to try to use a Soloman's Knot, but it just did not look right so I played around and decided to use a long dc. I wanted something that would show off the ribbon. Sorry the pics don't do it justice. The ribbon is shinny and hard to photograph, but the scarf is way cool looking. I found the ribbon at the Dollar Tree for just a dollar each. I used 2 balls, with a small amount from a 3rd just for the fringe, and I used a K hook.

Hope you like it as much as I do!

I would really like to make a shawl with this yarn, but don't know what pattern to use, any suggestions would be great!!

Thanks,

Judy

IMG00201.jpg

IMG00203.jpg

The scarf is beautiful!!!:cheer I keep looking at that yarn and can never decide what to do with it, so I don't get it :lol. Now I just might give it a try! Sorry, can't help you out with a shawl pattern. If I come up with something I'll get back to you!

Some time ago I made a shawl with lattice yarn called Midas metalic. I used the "Offset Filet Network" found on page 50 in the Harmony Guide vol 6.

I used a 7 mm hook and made the shawl to measure 22 in. x 76 in.

Here is a pix to give you an idea of what you could do.

th_DSCF0007.jpg

Edgehill

I've been wondering what the heck to do with some of that ribbon yarn at dollar tree. That's a great idea The scarf looks great!Just one question though what is a "long double crochet" How do you pull it to make it longer or is there something else you have to do?

As far as a scarf pattern I'm not sure I'll look around though I may have something and I just don't know it (I'm a pattern junkie hehe)

That is cute. I'm with many of you--I bought the yarn for $1 at Dollar Tree and didn't know what to do with it. I think I'll make a scarf too! In the winter I wear a lot of scarves not only to stay warm but also because they dress up a plain shirt/turtle neck.

Thanks for all of the nice comments, I wore this to town to day and had lots of compliments on it! Here is how the stitch is done, and it is called a long dc http://www.anniesattic.com/stitches/crochet/videos/doublecrochet_long.html

I worked it in the stitch, but my first stitch of the row was a ch6, and the stitch was pulled to match the top of my ch.

Thanks again!

Judy

Archived