Avalee

Hello from California

:cheerHi everyone. I am a farily new crocheter..just since this summer. The last time I tried my hand at it was about 30 yrs ago....so long ago that when I went to buy my first skien of yarn I was sure shocked. The last time I bought a skein of yarn it cost .88 cents. Went to Walmart and about fainted. LOL. I cannot seem to get enough of making things for others. My main thing I am in to is making hats for chemo patients. I like making the small ones for kids and mailed my first package off to a branch of Headhuggers here in California not long ago.

Just about the time I got into this my daughter, who lives in OK, had a new (and last) baby. Of course I got busy and found all kinds of things on the Internet I could make for them. I have sent her 2 boxes of things. Not just baby stuff but alot of that.

I spend alot of my spare time on the Internet trying to find a very very simple pattern for a black and white spotted potholder. I have a very good friend whose kitchen is all black and white cow stuff. Anyone have any ideas?

Welcome from Washington!

You're charity work sounds very good and rewarding! You will love it here at the 'ville' :crocheting

Welcome! :flower I did a quick google search on crochet :mcowcow potholder and didn't find much (mostly completed ones for sale) but found this blog http://denisehughes1.blogspot.com/2006/12/cow-potholder.html with a cute picture that you may be able to replicate.

Good luck!

Kris

Thanks for the link and I think I will try to see if I can do it. I have not yet attempted to make anything without a pattern. I NEED directions. LOL