New Sweater

scotkat

:hookimg6500ys1.jpg

Rib I have knitted 2knit 2purl for 4inches, then cast off and pick up again with crochet and 1st row single crochet then from then on I have double cr.

I am making up this design dont have a written pattern.

May shout help when get to arms:)

Thankyou Alan same name as my son spelt correct way to:) I better get back to get it finished but shall shout if get stuck shaping arms may knit instead of crochet.

Thankyou Alan same name as my son spelt correct way to:) I better get back to get it finished but shall shout if get stuck shaping arms may knit instead of crochet.

Oh! I may have misunderstood. I thought YOU were Alan. At least that's what it says here: http://www.bittrees.com/users/scotkat

Sorry Bittrees is my sons web page mine is http://trowels.110mb.com/ which my son made for me as well as his own.

Anyway am now up to arm shaping did 4in knit rib then 12an dhalf inches double crochet have now picked up stitches again and am back on rib then shall shape for arms.

On my :hooksweater have finised front up to neck line.

Shaped for arms as I went along.

Think back of sweater knit all untill neck line.

A real unique sweater:)

Not sure how to make my sleeves can anyone help will mae chunky knit cuff rib .

I've done a free hand sweater as you have mixing crochet and knit. I did just the opposite. I did the crochet pieces, then joined them. At this point I added cuffs, waistline cuff and a neckline. I discovered that I could make a turtleneck simply by making the neck cuff about 8 inches.

I used another sweater for a "pattern" of sorts. I traced the shape of the sleeve, began at the bottom of the sleeve and did a chain as wide as my "pattern". Then I increased following the lines of my paper "pattern" until I reached the part of the sleeve that gets inserted into body of the sweater. That begins decreases. Once the sleeve is done, fold in hold, join the seam line, then place the circle at the top into the circle of the body. If you've sewn blouses you know what I mean. If not, google something like "how to assemble knit sweaters."

I've done sleeves another way. Pick up a circle of stitches in the body of your sweater (assumes side seams joined. Then kind of crochet in the round following the shape of another sweater you own. At the begining, you'll need longer stitches at the top to make the "cap" of the sleeve fit over your arm. Maybe DC's along the top, SC's along the arm pit area. That makes the cap form. Once the you've reached the part of your arm where they used to do a polio vaccination (about 4 inches above the elbow), the stitches should have completely formed a cap. You can then resume all DC's with appropriate decreases until you reach the wrist. Then add on your knit cuff.

• 2 weeks later...

My sweater now finished and real cosy .

Rib in body I knitted,front and back crocheted.

Sleeves stocking stitch and neckline crochet .

Well pleased how it turned out.

Archived