crocheted curly clown

craftylady1956

Question

Hi-

A neighbor of mine showed me a cute curly clown crocheted that she bought at a church treasure sale..It is so cute.It has crocheted arms, legs then crocheted covered syrofoam balls for feet & hands and head...would anyone have an idea where to find a pattern...? I looked online found a curly clown pattern but the links are no longer available..thanks so much.

PS I know these were popular years ago.

I love that clown! My grandmother made one for me when I was little!

I found a pattern for the clown here http://www.craftelf.com/Crochet_Clown_doll.htm

Can't wait to make one for my neices!

Have fun!

Lulu

I remember those! And the one in the link you provided is adorable.

Not crazy about the thing on top of its hat tho, I would prefer to make a couple of curly layers for the hat and a pom pom on top.

yes, I am the person who had started this thread --months ago.

because I couldn't find a pattern I liked-I made up my own pattern for the clown--as I went along. It is pink and white and came out very nice. Up till a few days ago he sat ontop my couch...now starting to decorate the house for the holidays so he will now sit atop my bed.

I may enter him in our county fair this year.....:hook

yes, I am the person who had started this thread --months ago.

because I couldn't find a pattern I liked-I made up my own pattern for the clown--as I went along. It is pink and white and came out very nice. Up till a few days ago he sat ontop my couch...now starting to decorate the house for the holidays so he will now sit atop my bed.

I may enter him in our county fair this year.....:hook

Pictures please!

yes I have a photo but having pc issues..this is best I can do for now on a photo--I won a ribbon for my clown at our county fair this year

:clapCongrats on the ribbon! I just saw this thread... I made tons of those clowns for gifts... Wish I had seen this sooner, I may still have the pattern typed out... I copied the clown 30 yrs ago from someone... Wish you pic was a bit better... but from what I can see, it looks like the same one... Glad you got to make one! GBU!:manyheart

Dawn, when you find your pattern will you please post it and if you have a picture that would be nice as well.

:yayFound my pattern... it's very faded... BUT I'll retype it and post it over the weekend... Since I have no pic's, I decided to make one... Hope I can read what I typed years ago... I saw the link someone left and clicked on it... That clown is almost like mine.. I'll post mine anyway just for the fun of it!;) GBU!:manyheart

Dawn, when you find your pattern will you please post it and if you have a picture that would be nice as well.

:)Here is the pic of the clown I just finished... I will be writing up the pattern and posting it. Not quite sure where to post it under... Got any clues... GBU!:manyheart

I just added the pattern under "orignal pattern" catagory...

post-23293-135897573168_thumb.jpg

So cute!!!

:)Here is the pic of the clown I just finished... I will be writing up the pattern and posting it. Not quite sure where to post it under... Got any clues... GBU!:manyheart

I just added the pattern under "orignal pattern" catagory...

Archived