"Beginner Friendly Cap"

Yarnluver

A few months ago I was watching on cable the movie "Legally Blonde" and noticed with surprise that Reese Witherspoon wore a pretty crocheted hat with a big flower on the side. I pointed this out to my daughter because at the time she felt crochet belonged to a long gone time, and even though this movie is not quite recent just the fact that the character was so much into fashion and considered wearing a "beanie" tasteful was evidence enough to make her change her mind

So, first I searched on the "net" for a picture of Reese wearing the hat and my DD really liked it, then I searched for a similar pattern and found the Beginner Friendly Cap which even provides a pattern for a big flower. Even though we're in S. FL my daughter wanted me to make her this hat so I started it right away even though it must've been July then. It came out a little big for her so I made another and both were bagged waiting for cooler weather. Last week the temperature dropped some but not enough to wear these hats and she can't wait, so last night I bought a skein of ww cotton to make her a cooler version so she can "have her cake and eat it too". But here are the first ones I made:

th_BeginnerFriendlyHat.jpg

th_FriendlyHat.jpg

(clickable images)

Archived