Kids Blankets Needed for Victory Junction Gang Camp! WE DID IT AGAIN!! 108 BLANKETS DELIVERED TO THE VJGC! THANK YOU EVERYONE

sissie44

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how RESTRICTIVE are the measurments? I "oppsed" and didn't measure my GUAGE as I made these squares a THOUSAND times b4, BUT never made them in I Love This Yarn, so my squares are 14" not 12...well, I WANTED to make the squares placed in a certain pattern, HOWEVER it will be about a foot larger if I do it MY way...:lol.... I know, I know, guage is everything, I tell you my drug induced body wont let me take the time to do everything just perfect...This new pain patch I am on, it is letting me do alot of crocheting, BUT it is STRONG, and good thing my fingers know the way...lol...

anyways, rambling AGAIN, but please do let me know, I COULD do it the stated size, BUT it wouldn't be to MY satisfaction, hey maybe there will be a "fluffy" child there like me, that would love a lil bigger blankey.

Hugs

JoAnn

I read your post for help for Junction Victory gang...I have a lot of stash yarns from other charity projects to use up... Where do those squares get sent to as I finish them up????..The only address I see is the Junction one... This will make a nice take along project for Doctors and Dentist visits or while riding in the car with hubby driving....

Michigan 48650 ----- where the snow just keeps coming down and the power goes off or we have freezing rain....

Sorry for just finding this now, personal medical problems, BUT I saw this and HAVE to tell you I am soooooo in on this! Me and hubby are HUGE race fans, we even got to go to a Brickyard 500 about ten years ago. I will make a blanket or two, count me in!! I can work on it at work, and everywhere, you truely made my night here, I am so excited to go buy yarn for this GREAT cause tommorow, and hubby is going to pay for the yarn!!!!!! Oh yea, I am all pumped up. I have NO big progects going on at this time, I have just been diddling in this and that, so this is JUST what I need to keep my mind off my own medical problems, and HELP somene else, just as God intended. Hubby requests I make a Blue and Red ghan colors of Richard Petty and that is very fitting. The second one, well, I am a HUGE Tony Stewert fan, and will make an orange and black one...oh yea!! EXCITED I am!!! I am going to use Bobbys square which is a 12 inch square pattern ,just search "Bobby Square" for the pattern, and sew them together myself to make the blankets checkered like.

Okay off rambling, thank you thank you thank you!!!

Hugs and Love

JoAnn

Hi JoAnn glad to have you with us here:hug I to am a tony stewert fan :cheer:cheer only 35 days to go to the shoot out:cheer:cheer

I love the idea of the colors and the square you have chosen to use great choices:manyheart

I got 4 afghans mailed to you today, and happily crocheting away on another.

:cheer:cheerWOW GREAT JOB:cheer:cheer WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN THEY ARRIVE:hug

I have been following this link and I am so in!!! I can't commit to a full aphgan, but I have been making 6" squares for you. I'll make as many as I can til the deadline and then ship them off. Please pm me with your addy. Go Nascar!!! :cheer

Yarnscrapper

THANKS SO MUCH FOR JOINING IN WITH US HERE AND THANK YOU FOR THE SQUARES. I HAVE JUST PMED YOU MY ADDRESS.

hi there, i am new to this forum and am enjoying it very much! i would love to make an afghan for this cause. i am not very familiar with nascar, but i love the thought of helping out these children. please count me in for at least 1 afghan by may and hopefully another one by the end of the year. thank you for the opportunity! :hook

Hello and welcome to one of the best places on the web:cheer and welcome to our little group here, thank you for all our help. let me know when you are ready for my address:manyheart

I'm in! I'm new to Crochetville, and this just jumped out at me. My mom was a pediatric nurse for years who worked with kids who would go to camps like VJGC, so this is a personal thing for me. I can commit to at least one afghan by May... edited to say April! (and did I see that there would be another deadline later in the year?) My daughter is also thinking about making some squares, and my mom wants to learn to crochet to help make squares, too! I'm so thrilled to see this here...

Hello and welcome to the ville and to our group here. thank you so much for offering to help:hug

Hi everyone!

I have enough squares crocheted to make one blanket....I will be sewing them together soon. I think I'm going to make enough for one more blanket before I request a mailing address.

This is a great way for me to do a little stash busting!

this is great, thank so much for helping:hug

I will be happy to make some squares or ghans for this cause! Last year I helped with making 140 crocheted afghans for kids with cancer in Fort Worth. I assume it is okay to make the blanket with many different colors....not just all one color? This is the square I use if you are looking for one that doesn't have holes. It is great for using up your ends of yarn. It is called the never ending blanket square.

http://debscrafts55.blogspot.com/2007/12/never-ending-blanket-square.html

They can be crocheted together very easily and look like this:

sarahblanketclose.jpg

This is so pretty and will work just fine for the kids:manyheart you made 140 blankets last year? you are an awesome crocheter:cheer:cheer

I was just wondering how the new CPSA laws will affect donations like these?

I have talked to charlotte and she has told me that this will not have any affect on our donations and I am sure she knows more about this than I do so i am going by what she says:) so we are happy to get making blankets for them:cheer:cheer

how RESTRICTIVE are the measurments? I "oppsed" and didn't measure my GUAGE as I made these squares a THOUSAND times b4, BUT never made them in I Love This Yarn, so my squares are 14" not 12...well, I WANTED to make the squares placed in a certain pattern, HOWEVER it will be about a foot larger if I do it MY way...:lol.... I know, I know, guage is everything, I tell you my drug induced body wont let me take the time to do everything just perfect...This new pain patch I am on, it is letting me do alot of crocheting, BUT it is STRONG, and good thing my fingers know the way...lol...

anyways, rambling AGAIN, but please do let me know, I COULD do it the stated size, BUT it wouldn't be to MY satisfaction, hey maybe there will be a "fluffy" child there like me, that would love a lil bigger blankey.

Hugs

JoAnn

These will be just fine dear, I am sure we will have a few big and a few small as the kids are not all the same size either;) :hug

hope you will be feeling better soon:hug

I read your post for help for Junction Victory gang...I have a lot of stash yarns from other charity projects to use up... Where do those squares get sent to as I finish them up????..The only address I see is the Junction one... This will make a nice take along project for Doctors and Dentist visits or while riding in the car with hubby driving....

Hello and welcome to the group, sorry I though i had it posted in the first post to send everything to me:) Thank for asking this so i can go back over and check out my first post and fix it:)

let me know when you are ready for my address:manyheart

I just mailed 4 blankets out today. I will see if I can get more done before the deadline.

I received your beautiful blankets in the mail yesterday and they are going to be so loved:cheer:cheer

can't wait to get pictures added to my blog to show you all now pretty these are:manyheart

thank you so much for helping:hug

I got 4 afghans mailed to you today, and happily crocheting away on another.

minni I received your 4 blankets in the mail yesterday also:cheer:cheer

and like Alinck's these are so pretty!! The kids are so going to love these and I am so loving seeing all the pretty bright colors it is just making my day that much brighter:manyheart

Thank you so much for all you are doing to help:hug

Just finished up an afghan for this group last night. Will try to mail it this weekend.

I received your blanket in the mail today:cheer:cheer love the pattern you used! can you share the pattern with me please:) and the colors are so pretty together!

thank you so much for helping:manyheart:hug

I have your addy now and will be getting some things out to you as soon as I can. Re Cancer kids....I did not make 140 afghans all by myself!!! I was part of a group of ladies from all over the place including the Ville. I have a special tied blanket that I am sending that I hope you will LOVE since the kids are sponsored by Nascar. Anyway, I will be busy crocheting some squares for you too!!! How are all of these blankets getting to the camp?? Are you taking them there?? I sure hope you have a place to store all of these..cus you might just get a bunch!!!! :manyheart

I would like to crochet some 12-inch blocks for the VJC but need to know where I can locate some patterns for that size block. I ordered a couple of books, but all the blocks are either 6-inch or 8-inch.

Oh thank you for answering about the size of my blanket!! I sure will make the second one smaller, I ALMOST have the squares finished for the Blue and Red one!!! Then sew it together, edge it and off I go to the Tony one..yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa.I WILL use a smaller hook for that one so the blanket can be at leaste close to the right size..lol...

HUGS

JoAnn

I would like to crochet some 12-inch blocks for the VJC but need to know where I can locate some patterns for that size block. I ordered a couple of books, but all the blocks are either 6-inch or 8-inch.

Rhonda...why don't you use the neverending blanket square that I posted the link to earlier in this thread? It can be made any size and works up great!! You can use any colors and change them at the ends of the rounds if you want to. I have made many blankets with this and it is so easy that you just keep going until you get the size you want!!

http://debscrafts55.blogspot.com/2007/12/never-ending-blanket-square.html

I am still working away on the squares for the first ghan, blue and red. I work this weekend, and plan on finishing this one up by Monday. I will take a pic when I am done, as I see lots of ghans are going out, but no pictures :( , please show us your pictures:manyheart

Hugs and Hooks

JoAnn

I am still working away on the squares for the first ghan, blue and red. I work this weekend, and plan on finishing this one up by Monday. I will take a pic when I am done, as I see lots of ghans are going out, but no pictures :( , please show us your pictures:manyheart

Hugs and Hooks

JoAnn

Check out Sissie's blog. She posts the pictures of the afghans received there. And peek back at the pictures of the party for the senior citizens. :manyheart

Hi, Sissie,

Just wanted to let you know that I have three kids afghans made for VJGC. Will mail them to you after the 1st of the year. Now on to finish other projects!

June NC

Hi June wanted to let you know that I received your blankets:cheer:cheer

thank you so much for helping!!

I am posting pictures now so you should see them soon:)

Evening everyone, I have add pictures now to my blog:clap:clap

Sorry it took so long but I have not been able to get with sandy due to the weather and me being under the weather :lol

I am doing alot better now and hope that we are now on track to get this going and keep you updated as the blankets are coming in!

blankets 1 & 2 for Legalwoman17's :cheer:cheer

Blankets 3,4,& 5 belong to June:cheer:cheer

Blankets 6, 7, 8, & 9 belong to ALinck:cheer:cheer

Blankets 10, 11, 12, & 13 belong to Minnisoda :cheer:cheer

I love them all too and am surprised at how many had the same idea colorwise and yarn wise as I did for the RR's :lol Guess gmta (great minds think alike)! I have one more than half way completed and another that will take me a bit longer because I used smaller hook and yarn. Not sure what I was :think there.

WOOHOO wtg everyone. Great ghans...

Carol

W

Evening everyone, I have add pictures now to my blog:clap:clap

Sorry it took so long but I have not been able to get with sandy due to the weather and me being under the weather :lol

I am doing alot better now and hope that we are now on track to get this going and keep you updated as the blankets are coming in!

blankets 1 & 2 for Legalwoman17's :cheer:cheer

Blankets 3,4,& 5 belong to June:cheer:cheer

Blankets 6, 7, 8, & 9 belong to ALinck:cheer:cheer

Blankets 10, 11, 12, & 13 belong to Minnisoda :cheer:cheer

Wow everyone is doing such a great job. And thank you Sissie your an angel. You can start sending squares to me if you would like. IM either me or Sissie for addy. At this rate I think we'll meet our goal.

:cheer

Carol

Archived