Kids Blankets Needed for Victory Junction Gang Camp! WE DID IT AGAIN!! 108 BLANKETS DELIVERED TO THE VJGC! THANK YOU EVERYONE

sissie44

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you guys think? Would it be alright to set aside my rectangles for the troops (just for a little while) and have these squares be my project that I carry around with me? :think

I crochet squares for 3 or 4 causes. I spend one week on one, the next week on another and so on. It works out well because then I get to work on everyone's stuff in a month and know that I'm helping many with the squares. That could be an option for others. Devote so many days to one group, then so many to another etc etc etc.

What do you guys think? Would it be alright to set aside my rectangles for the troops (just for a little while) and have these squares be my project that I carry around with me? :think

HAP won't be needing any rectangles till January...:hook

I went stash diving again and found some bright yellow and some Banana Berry variegated. Spent the last 2 days making squares. And plan on spending the weekend making them.....until I run out of bright colors :D

ohh the banana Berry sounds bright!! do not think i have ever seen this one:think do not work you figures to the bone now :devil

the troops for all needing the love to so i would be the last one to ask this of you! you do what your heart leads you to do. :manyheart

our Yahoo group will be doing the rectangles for the troops for our July challenge:cheer:cheer

I would love to help out in this. I know I have some bright Simply soft, I'll just have to figure out if I want to do squares or an afghan. With the weather getting cooler here I am thinking of the afghan. :crocheting

the troops for all needing the love to so i would be the last one to ask this of you! you do what your heart leads you to do. :manyheart our Yahoo group will be doing the rectangles for the troops for our July challenge:cheer:cheer

Don't worry Sissie...I still give my love to the troops! I volunteer every week at the USO and it is one of the most rewarding experiences I've ever had! I highly recommend it to everyone!!! :yes But, I'm a huge NASCAR fan, too! And this is a truly AWESOME thing the Petty family has done.

Hi, Sissie and Carol:

I've decided to join the fun and make at least three afghans for the challenge. I've already started the first. I need to know about fringe on these afghans, as one of the patterns is self-fringing. Any thoughts? Thanks!

evening Junie & everyone, I heard back from VJGC today and, Yes we can have fringe on our blanket if we want too add it:clap:clap so have fun:manyheart

I would love to help out in this. I know I have some bright Simply soft, I'll just have to figure out if I want to do squares or an afghan. With the weather getting cooler here I am thinking of the afghan. :crocheting

we would love to have you help us too:cheer:cheer

I think both would be good and you have all of 2009 to play with them:yes

welcome to the group:hug

I am sure this question has already been answered and I missed it. Can I knit squares to send? I also missed where to go to get the address.

I sent you a pm with my address and yes you can make knitted squares. if you do can you crochet a rnd of sc for me? if not that is ok i can figure it out here:manyheart

I think knitted will be ok if you crochet an edge around it. And you send to Sissie I think. I am not sure on that either. I usually know these things.

yes you are right so were you having a sometimers minute:lol:lol:hug

I started a round stash-busting afghan for the VJGC this weekend. I will request the address when I'm close to being finished.

This is great, just pm me when you are ready for my address:manyheart

Ok, I am almost done getting mine all sewn together....then I will start a few RRs for you!!!!!

you are so awesome:manyheart

evening Junie & everyone, I heard back from VJGC today and, Yes we can have fringe on our blanket if we want too add it:clap:clap so have fun:manyheart

Thank you Sissie. I am working on the first one. With so much Holiday work to get done, I'm very glad we have until May to get these done!

June NC

Hi ~ I have begun working on a few 12 inch squares to send. I guess I'll just pm Sissie for an address when I've finished??

And... is it okay to just make squares? It sounds like most of you are making full afghans.

Also, as a newbie I have no idea what RR means??

My husband (a Nascar fan) is quite thrilled that I am contributing to this... and so am I. :)

We are taking squares from Jan thru Feb. The rest of the year is squares and finished afghans. RR is a round ripple afghan. Very easy to make, but has to meet the size requirements for the camp. Go nascar fans and VJGC!!!! Thanks for helping and have a good day.

Carol aka Armymom451

Hi ~ I have begun working on a few 12 inch squares to send. I guess I'll just pm Sissie for an address when I've finished??

And... is it okay to just make squares? It sounds like most of you are making full afghans.

Also, as a newbie I have no idea what RR means??

My husband (a Nascar fan) is quite thrilled that I am contributing to this... and so am I. :)

Good morning all. I heard back from the camp yesterday. Here is a little from the email:

"We would love for you to visit Camp as soon as you’re able to! Please feel free to call and we will set you up for a tour to show you all around.

Thank you again for all that you are doing to support Victory Junction.

Have a great day!

Feel your heart race!"

Was so excited to hear from the camp again. Happy crocheting day to all and thank you for your help. Sissie and I appreciate all of you.

Carol aka ArmyMom451

Can someone tell me the location and post # of the message about the point system for this/these project(s)? I remember reading it, but can't seem to be able to find it now.

Thanks!:manyheart

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +3/YTD: +19

Gold medal for Stashbusting: 11/09/08

Silver medal for Stashbusting: 08/24/08

Shoot the Moon (-5) 11/02/08

Team VJGC

Thank you Sissie. I am working on the first one. With so much Holiday work to get done, I'm very glad we have until May to get these done!

June NC

May is just for the first trip! we are on this all year:cheer:cheer and thank you so much for sticking with us for a new year:manyheart

Hi ~ I have begun working on a few 12 inch squares to send. I guess I'll just pm Sissie for an address when I've finished?? yes just pm me when you are ready to send and thank you so much for joining in with us this coming year!!

2009 is going to be a great year for the kids at VJGC:cheer:cheer

And... is it okay to just make squares? It sounds like most of you are making full afghans. yes it is as i enjoy putting them together:) so make all you want and i will be very happy to do the rest:yes

Also, as a newbie I have no idea what RR means?? Round Ripple. now have you seen these? they are so neat!

and so am I:manyheart so who is his favorite driver?

Thank you so much for joining in with us to help the kids:hug

I am glad we have until May also since I won't be starting till after Christmas. But I have some great patterns picked out already. Got to get some primary blue and green yarn yet.

I am glad we have the WHOLE!! year:cheer I have found a few I want to try for this as well:crocheting:crocheting

Good morning all. I heard back from the camp yesterday. Here is a little from the email:

"We would love for you to visit Camp as soon as you’re able to! Please feel free to call and we will set you up for a tour to show you all around.

Thank you again for all that you are doing to support Victory Junction.

Have a great day!

Feel your heart race!"

Was so excited to hear from the camp again. Happy crocheting day to all and thank you for your help. Sissie and I appreciate all of you.

Carol aka ArmyMom451

Glad they got back with you. can't wait to meet you at the camp in may:hug

Can someone tell me the location and post # of the message about the point system for this/these project(s)? I remember reading it, but can't seem to be able to find it now.

Thanks!:manyheart

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +3/YTD: +19

Gold medal for Stashbusting: 11/09/08

Silver medal for Stashbusting: 08/24/08

Shoot the Moon (-5) 11/02/08

Team VJGC

This part is on hold till Amy gets back with me as this was like a contest and I talked to Amy and she ask me to pull till she had a chance to go over the information on it :blush sorry I started something before asking:blush

Thanks to all for taking the time to answer my newbie questions~! It sounds like I'll have plenty of time to make a few more squares, so will hold on to the four that I have already completed. Who knows how many I'll end up sending!! :wink

I'm glad you like putting them together... that is my absolute least favourite part of an afghan made from squares. :irk

I took a look at some of the 100's of afghan pictures on Sissie's blog and was just amazed! Gorgeous work! I hope you're able to take pics of these ones, as well.

I've never made a round ripple... I might have to google a pattern. :yarn

As for Nascar... well hubby is a Junior fan. Me, I can't help cheering for Kyle Busch!! :eek

Sissie, think you may be able to use these? Just a little something(s) I whipped up so far for you :D

th_VJGC1.jpg

th_VJGC2.jpg

th_VJGC3.jpg

clickable for bigger pics.

There are more, just haven't gotten pictures yet. There are 28 there with lots more to come!!

Archived