Kids Blankets Needed for Victory Junction Gang Camp! WE DID IT AGAIN!! 108 BLANKETS DELIVERED TO THE VJGC! THANK YOU EVERYONE

sissie44

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Sissie, I finished another afghan so I'll get it in the mail so you will have it in time for the delivery. Bless you in all you have done. I'll keep my eye out for your next project. You have such a kind heart I'm sure you'll get one organized.

Sissie, this is the first year I participated and enjoyed making the 2 afghans I sent in. I'm working on another and will drop it off at the camp when I'm done. I got a couple of patterns to try out and have enjoyed making them. I appreciate the opportunity to have kept my hands busy and heart overjoyed while helping a wonderful organization. :ty

now for the bad news:( this is going to be my only trip down for the year. i have a few things coming up this next half of the year and not going to be able to focus on getting together another 100 blankets.

for those of you that do still want to add to this delivery if you get your blankets to me by the week that I am going I will be more than happy to take a picture and add to our count. after we go you can still make if you want to and just mail to the camp.

Sorry guys If this is causing any problems for anyone, For I do so really care about all you have done to help with this charity and helping us to reach our goal! and for those of you that followed me over from last year as well. you all mean alot to me!

maybe if i am up to it we might try another Charity challenge for 2010. we will see:manyheart

Sissie, we are so glad that you 'hosted' this for the first part of the year, it can't possibly cause problems for anyone; there are other charities to send blankets that we finish later. God bless you for all that you do and have done! It has been great to help you and get to know you a little. Take care.

Deb

Sissie,

I hope things go well for you for the rest of the year.:hug

Making the two afghans for your charities was very enjoyable. It feels good to help a worthy cause. You have done so much to bring comfort to those that most need it.

And I will keep a look out to see when, and if, you do this again.

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +4/YTD: -21

Michigan 48650

Good morning. I just wanted to let you know I am almost finished putting together the black and white squares you sent. Thank you so very much for helping us reach our goal. Sissie, Sandy and I are meeting at the camp in a few weeks to deliver all the blankets. I will send a pic for Sissie to put on her blog this coming week. Have a good day and God bless.

Carol

AKA ArmyMom451

Sissie, I got 2 more sent off to you yesterday. They said it should hopefully be to you by Tuesday.

I received 2 RR's in the mail today are these from you? They are so pretty!

I will be heading over to Sandy's this weekend as my daughter and her family are up here visiting and we are going over to spend the day:)

so will get pictures then:)

we were to be going down to the Camp this weekend but Life happened and sandy is not able to go. so I planned on the July 4th weekend but they are closed that weekend. I am now thinking I will just take a day in the next week or so and just go down and come back in the same day!

I will let you all know when I head that way

thanks so much for all everyone as done here:manyheart:hug:hug

I received 2 RR's in the mail today are these from you? They are so pretty!

I will be heading over to Sandy's this weekend as my daughter and her family are up here visiting and we are going over to spend the day:)

so will get pictures then:)

we were to be going down to the Camp this weekend but Life happened and sandy is not able to go. so I planned on the July 4th weekend but they are closed that weekend. I am now thinking I will just take a day in the next week or so and just go down and come back in the same day!

I will let you all know when I head that way

thanks so much for all everyone as done here:manyheart:hug:hug

1 is purple and white and the other is gray/pink varigated. Pictures are on my blog if you want to swipe them to use on yours :D

Sorry guys i have been kinda out of it here over the pass couple of weeks.

I have had my daughter, her hubby and two grandbabies in! for got what it was like to have a year old and 4 year old in my home LOL

anyway i wanted to let you know that i have added Niffynurl's RR to my blog. You are #92:cheer

Prizsm you are #'s 93 & 94 on my blog:cheer:cheer

we did not make it down to the camp this pass weekend and I am now hoping and planning for the july 4th weekend for deliver. I hope!

I do still have sets of squares here to get together and will do my best to get them done before I leave.

I will update you all as I know more

Hi Sissie, Just checking to see if you received the last afghan I sent out the end of May?? It's a hexagon, red, white, blue, yellow, etc. I know you've been busy so sorry to "bug" you. I just want to make sure you received it or it got lost in the mail. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Sissie, Just checking to see if you received the last afghan I sent out the end of May?? It's a hexagon, red, white, blue, yellow, etc. I know you've been busy so sorry to "bug" you. I just want to make sure you received it or it got lost in the mail. Thanks!

Yes babe I believe I did. and am so sorry for not posting. I am waiting on sandy to get home and will call her to see if she has taken a picture of it yet.

as you can tell I did not make it down to the Camp this holiday weekend as they are closed! so now on to a new trip plan:))

My husbands family live near by there and so we are planning on going down in 2 weeks. I have already told him we go or I go alone!! We promised these blankets back over a month ago and I am stressing now so it is time to take matters into my own hands!! LOL

I have finished the squares that Ghost sent me into a blanket and also have the squares into a blanket that Aurora sent to me. so two more to our count.

also Sunshine Ida emailed me to let me know that she has shipped 5 more and should be here the first of the week:cheer:cheer we are now over our 100 mark!!

I am starting on the 2 sets of squares that Pineknott sent me tonight. and after that if sandy has not gotten the 12" squares put together that she still has over there I will go get them and finish them.

I am so hoping and working hard to get these ALL finished to be able to deliver all together!

If you have sent to me and not seen anything about it will you PLEASE let me know as i do not want to over look anyone that as taken their time to help to be left out!

hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!!

Ida I have received your 5 blanket:cheer:cheer:cheer

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

I have posted the 4 pic's that you sent me:hug

will post the other one as soon as I get a pic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michigan. Wanted to let you know that I finished another ghan for you. Its the black and white squares. It turned out very nice. Ill send a pic to Sissie to post. She is delivering ghans today to VJGC and I'll be going next week with the second load. Thank you again for your help.

Carol

evening everyone, want to let you know that I have delivered 94 blankets to the Camp this pass saturday and carol will be taking 14 more over this coming week for a grand total of 108 blankets:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

WAY TO GO EVERYONE

I WILL DO MY BEST TO GET PICTURES UP TOMORROW FOR EVERYONE TO SEE

plus I still need to get the last blankets posted to my blog also

thank you everyone for all your hard work in helping us pull this challenge off!

It means alot to me that you all come together to help with these charity's:manyheart:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

:yay ............ WOOHOO........... :yay

this is awesome!

GREAT Work everyone.... GREAT Work Sissie!!!

:heart

:mug

:woo that's wonderful news :woo GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!! And special thanks to Cissie and to Carol, they are :angel :angel :angel for doing this and challenging everyone!

Archived