thread??

dreamweavers3621

Hi All!

I was reading a post about the thread lasting for a tablecloth for a gift. Umm pretty new to this and I have been using the stuff from Walmart called Baronet. But, what is the difference between the brands and what brands do you like to use for long term projects? And what can last for time instead of falling apart? :blush

Thanks,

Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver,

I was the one who initially started that thread. I use different thread for different projects. My personal favorite is DMC Cebelia. It is more expensive than the other threads so I usually use that for my "special" projects. I use the Cebelia for the items I make that will need to be washed more often. I personally am not real fond of the Baronet, which is also by DMC. It feels a bit rougher to me than the other threads I have used. I use traditions, Aunt Lydias, Royal and the other less expensive brands of thread for the projects I make which will be starched and not washed very often, such as Angels and snowflakes.

I wanted the "experts" opinions on what would last the longest for a tablecloth that I may make for a wedding gift for my son. Katchkan, who is a very experienced, talented and helpful designer and crocheter told me about DMC Cordonnet which I have not yet tried but am going to as soon as I get my Christmas presents done. If you look at the thread you will see her reasons.

I am always on the hunt for the least expensive place to purchase my thread and found through another post Yarn and Thread by Lisa. She has the DMC Cebelia and Cordonnet the cheapest I have found to date and her shipping is very reasonable.

I hope I have helped with your questions. The type of thread you use is a very personal matter. It is what you like, what type of project you are working on and what "feels" the best to you. I am in certainly far from an expert, there are many more knowledgeable people here to guide you, this is just my opinion.

LOL,

Toni

Archived