Do you have a hard time figuring out what to make next?

fc1123

Do you ever get lost to make next in crocheting I started to think of this after I crocheted my cape. I can't figure out what to make next I know that I will finish my scarf but I am lost on what to make next

Sometimes I get real frusterated cause I just finished a project and want to start a new one but have no idea what or who for. I almost always have a person in mind when I make something.

Yeah, I have a hard time deciding. We live on a tight budget, so not a lot of extra stash money. So I am constantly scouring thrift stores, rummages, freecycle, etc for yarn. So most of my projects are by whats on hand, not go out and buy for. So this limits what I can make so I have to start with what I have then what pattern do I have enough to complete. I do want to make a crochetghan with the saltines. Those are amazing. So that is what I am stashing for. One of these days(sighs)

Lesley

I am always lost on what to make next. I ask friends for suggestions and they name what they want. Sometimes I make it sometimes I don't. when I can't find what I want to make I just make more dishcloths and hot pads then something will come up.

My problem is deciding which "WIM" to start next. Sometimes it really depends on my mood, so some WIMs will hang around for ages, while something else barely hits WIM status before it becomes a WIP. Sometimes I get a threadie itch, sometimes yarn. :)

and right now I'm trying to do small stuff, work on Christmas gifts (also mostly small stuff, it's gotta get mailed), and soon I'll reward myself with the Merrylee shawl that I've saved my bday $ for. If I really have a hard time deciding what to pick up next, I pick up a book instead :) and take a bit of a break from my hooks.

I usually know what I want to make, just not what kind....

If I want to do a ghan, (or any item) I could spend days browsing through patterns, doing swatches or a few rows, ripping them out and trying something else in that category. And then when I settle on a specific pattern, comes the job of deciding what kind of yarn, size of hook, and colors. More swatches and combos, more ripping, etc....

If I have a no other WIPS (or other interruptions), I can whip out a ghan in a week from start to finish. It's the planning stage as stated above that seems to drag on forever.

Even if I design my own (can't write patterns, but can draw graphs and charts), I wind up erasing and changing it so many times as I go. :lol, I use mechanical pencils and always run out of eraser before I run out of lead.

I have that problem too. I have a very large stash, so when I go into my craft room and see all that yarn on the shelves, I sometimes feel very overwhelmed and cant decide what to make and what yarn to use. Sometimes i just sit on the bed in their and stare at the yarn! lol Takes a while but i usually do figure out something to make! I have a lot of wips too, but usually dont feel like finishing them! Gotta start something new ya know. lol

• 3 years later...

Archived