Help! Santa Stockings from 1970s

limebrarian

Question

Hi All,

My Mom crocheted Christmas stockings for our family back in the late 1970s. Unfortunately, they were lost during a move. I would like to reproduce mine, but need the pattern. I don't have a photo handy, but somebody on Flickr has a VERY similar stocking that must have been made with the same one. She does not know which publication it came from. Can anybody out there help me and let me know where I might be able to find an original of this pattern?

See the stocking on the left side:

Crochet...Christmas stockings

Thanks!

-limebrarian

9 answers to this question

Limebrarian - see the thread by Cocoa Cream. She is asking about the same stocking. I answered in her post the information about it. Those are the 2 cro. patterns on it, there's also a knit one. Jan.

O.K. I see you have already found the post.

I need this pattern too. i want to make the squares one. Can you help me??

Hi All,

My Mom crocheted Christmas stockings for our family back in the late 1970s. Unfortunately, they were lost during a move. I would like to reproduce mine, but need the pattern. I don't have a photo handy, but somebody on Flickr has a VERY similar stocking that must have been made with the same one. She does not know which publication it came from. Can anybody out there help me and let me know where I might be able to find an original of this pattern?

See the stocking on the left side:

Crochet...Christmas stockings

Thanks!

-limebrarian

As mentioned in the thread I started, I am currently working on a pattern of my own for a very similar looking stocking. I will post the link to my pattern here as soon as it is finished. It is different, my own design, but the idea is the same. You can check it out and decide if you'd like to try it, anyway! :)

Here's the link as promised...hot off the presses! :lol

http://cocoacream.wordpress.com/pattern-place/santa-stocking/

P.S.--Just to clarify...this pattern is my own work. I did not in any way copy from the original pattern, as I have never seen it. I only used various stockings in my family's collection as a basis for the appearance of the finished product.

It looks easier than the other one in that it doesn't use a loop stitch (or whatever they used) in the beard and Santa's suit trim.

Yeah, I tried to figure out how to do that, but it just wasn't working out. Maybe my yarn was just too stiff, or maybe I'm just clueless...but no matter what I did, the loops wouldn't cooperate! So, I went with the bobbles instead...much easier!

Archived