Granny Star Afghan New Pictures post #1

samijofitz

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had to comment again. Since November 1st of 08 I have made 2 of these blankies (one loved by my son and the 2nd is bound for my neice) and I have a 3rd one on the go. I love this pattern!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Mine is also a hexagon not a star. It still looks pretty, but not what I planned. What am I doing wrong?

Slip stitch to next chain 3 space, chain 3 (counts as first dc), (3 dc, chain 3, 4 dc) in same space, *skip 1 dc, cluster in space between clusters, until you get to the chain 3 space, Shell in chain 3 space, repeat from * around, join with slip stitch to beginning chain 3.

Okay I got to this round and I just don't understand the red section. And mine is just forming an octagon shape not a star, what am I not doing?

• 1 month later...

Look! I made one, too!

?action=view&current=IMG_3090.jpg?action=view&current=IMG_3090.jpgIMG_3090.jpg

I made a little one for my tiny dog to curl up with. I used Hobby Lobby's "I Love This Yarn" and it's really soft and cuddly. This is definitely one of the best patterns I've tried. Thanks for sharing!! :manyheart

• 1 month later...

I followed a link here from a questions someone asked on Ravelry - this is beautiful! I maintain a listing of Round, Round Ripple, and Star Crochet Patterns and I have added a link to this pattern there. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful pattern. I cannot wait to try it!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there LaVonneK's.

you said;

"Slip stitch to next chain 3 space, chain 3 (counts as first dc), (3 dc, chain 3, 4 dc) in same space, *skip 1 dc, cluster in space between clusters, until you get to the chain 3 space, Shell in chain 3 space, repeat from * around, join with slip stitch to beginning chain 3.

Okay I got to this round and I just don't understand the red section. And mine is just forming an octagon shape not a star, what am I not doing?"

Then u said you figured it out. I am having trouble understanding that part myself.

It seems that to cluster in the space between the clusters on the previous row, i would have to skip more like 3 DC to get to it, not just 1. would u mind explaining it to me if you get some time? thanks so much :)

P.S. I tried to send this to you in a private message but I dont think it worked ( I am new here :)

~Tonya♥

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for this cute pattern. I am anxious to start it. I have left over lime, magenta, and white rhss that I really want to use up, and I think this is the project to do it with. :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived