Granny Star Afghan New Pictures post #1

samijofitz

This is a really beautiful afghan. I have a question though :) In regards to the 2nd row, when you say 'Shell in each space around' do I ch 3 after each Shell? (4 dc, ch 3, 4dc)

Thanks so much!

Elki

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found your pattern and LOVE IT! I am new to crocheting but found that a traditional granny square was pretty easy for me so I can't wait to try this.

My questions? What was the finished size? To make it larger, do I just "keep going" with more & more rounds?

Also, you mentioned having to "shape it" as you went along? Do you think that if I enlarged the afghan, the pattern would become "off" and not take the proper shape?

Marie

I love it when members share patterns :yes this is currently on my hook :hook.....not one but two. :D One is mainly scrap yarns :yarn the other I am completing complete rounds before changing colors :crocheting

Thanks again for the pattern :hug

• 1 month later...

Slip stitch to next chain 3 space, chain 3 (counts as first dc), (3 dc, chain 3, 4 dc) in same space, *skip 1 dc, cluster in space between clusters, until you get to the chain 3 space, Shell in chain 3 space, repeat from * around, join with slip stitch to beginning chain 3.

Okay I got to this round and I just don't understand the red section. And mine is just forming an octagon shape not a star, what am I not doing?

Making a baby blanket in blue and white baby yarn and an I hook, now I figured out what I was doing its going smoothly and is really pretty. Thanks for the pattern I can see alot of these in my future. Just love the pattern.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived