Nintendo Mario scarf

Gege

Could you share the pattern? I love Mario and the scarf is great! I am addicted to the Mario games & crochet.

EDITED BY ADMIN (AmyS) TO ADD: Copyright/trademark issues are involved. Please read my response in post #10 below.

Could you share the pattern? I love Mario and the scarf is great! I am addicted to the Mario games & crochet.

I'm sorry, but the pattern for this cannot be shared. (Unless there's an officially licensed pattern floating around out there that I don't know about.)

Mario is a trademarked character and his image is copyrighted. Patterns featuring his likeness can only be distributed legally if the designer/publisher has made licensing arrangements with the trademark/copyright owner or has received some other official permission. Licensing arrangements are typically very expensive, and a designer wouldn't be able to sell enough patterns to recoup the licensing fee, let alone the investment in time, effort, and skills to make the pattern.

Some people do choose to make unlicensed patterns of various things available. To protect Crochetville from legal troubles related to contributory trademark/copyright infringement, our guidelines do not allow links to, discussion of, or any hints at how to find any such patterns that might exist. This applies equally to posts, private messages, and email.

The best suggestion I can give is to chart out a graph yourself, as long as what you're making is for personal use or to give as a gift.

EDITED BY ADMIN (AmyS) TO ADD: Copyright/trademark issues are involved. Please read my response in post #10 below.

Thanks everyone! Jempast, truth is, there isn't a pattern to share (even if I could.) I just winged it. We love Mario, too. :)

Great looking scarf. I'm assuming you stitched the character on after it was made. If you don't mind my asking, how on earth did you manage to keep it so even. When I try to cross stitch on crochet my stitches come out too big, too small or somewhere inbetween.
Donna, actually, I used tunisian crochet for Mario and regular double crochet (alternating front loop, back loop for each stitch) for the rest of the scarf. I've never cross stitched before...though my next fiber challenge will be embroidery. :)

Gege

______

Archived