Warm Hearts, Warm Babies

Crocus58

After Amber and I had to discontinue this project: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=74575

I still wanted to do something about this problem. I did some research and found this charity

http://www.warmheartswarmbabies.org/

They do exactly what Amber and I had hoped to accomplish and more, which is provide warm blankets for babies (who otherwise would have nothing) to wear home from the hospital -

I recently delivered 15 babyghans to Glenda, one of their volunteers and they were so gratefully received that I thought I'd see if any of our wonderful members wanted to help with this - so many babies are released to live in cars and shelters. It's heartbreaking.

If you are able to help out, blankets, hat & bootie sets (she asked for hat & bootie sets as that is how they are given and it makes it easier putting the package together if they are pre-matched), diaper shirts - anything - these babies are discharged wearing only a hospital diaper and towel without these donations.

If you want to send some squares, I'm happy to assemble them into blankets.

I've been doing blanket/hat/bootie sets - the needs are endless and any help would be gratefully received. :hug

Thanks for reading this.

I have some squares I made earlier but never got around to getting your address. I can get them in the mail to you sometime next week. If you are interested please pm me your address.

:hug

Thank you so much - I pm'd you :manyheart

I mailed them today. They should be there in a couple of days.

:mail I got your squares today :manyheart They are lovely - I'll get a couple of nice baby blankets out of them. Thank you!!! :hug (I'll post a photo when they are complete) :hug

I would love to join in and help out. I have a baby afghan started and would gladly send it on when it is finished. Although as I am expecting my second child, first girl, in feb. I have been busy crocheting/knitting for her. When I get to the wip I will pm you for your addy...send it to you right?

:mail I got your squares today :manyheart They are lovely - I'll get a couple of nice baby blankets out of them. Thank you!!! :hug (I'll post a photo when they are complete) :hug

I am so glad you were able to start taking squares again. I had made these up several months ago for your project and never got around to contacting you until it looked like you were going to have to discontinue this project. I was glad to see your new post and wanted to get them to you right away. I know there were some odd ones but hopefully something will come along to work with them.

I would love to join in and help out. I have a baby afghan started and would gladly send it on when it is finished. Although as I am expecting my second child, first girl, in feb. I have been busy crocheting/knitting for her. When I get to the wip I will pm you for your addy...send it to you right?

Thank you :hug - this is a long term project and I'll be soliciting blankets, hats, booties, squares, anything, for years :hook

Hello,

I have PM you, I recently started making things for babies and would love your address and and urgent needs lists.

Thank you!

Thank you - I sent you a note.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This just breaks my heart. The hospital where I had my last baby told us we were not allowed to take the striped blanekts home, either. I was surprised, as we were allowed to at other hospitals with my other 2 kids. I honestly never imagined the need was just so great.

Anyway, I'd love to help out but I won't be able to until after the new year, with all the Christmas junk I'm trying to finish. I have a ton of baby yarn, though so then I will be able to make hat/bootie sets, if that is ok??

• 1 month later...

Archived