Stonehedge Scarf

happy stitcher

I finished it!

Thank you very much to the kind people who helped me figure out the cables!

This was the first real cabled item I've made. I've done fpdc and bpdc before, but this one took it to the next level! I'm in love with the cables - especially since they're on both sides of the scarf. There's no right and wrong side! I just think that's neat! :lol

It's made out of oxford grey wool-ease, and I had to use a J hook. The pattern called for an I hook, but I tend to stitch tightly and it wasn't coming out right.

I'm going to be sending it to my brother as an early Christmas gift soon.

The pattern can be found at CrochetGarden.com.

340509230.jpg

Where exactly at CrochetGarden? I couldn't find it.

http://www.crochetgarden.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=223

Stonehedge is one of the 4 scarf patterns in "Rugged Mountain Scarves"

Great scarf, very nice job. Congrats on your first time with cables!!!!!!!!1

Stonehedge is one of the 4 scarf patterns in "Rugged Mountain Scarves"

Thanks for answering shannei_nae!

And thank you for the praise everybody!

It's such a warm scarf! He walks to the train station every morning about 6:00 am, and he's always getting sick in the winter. Hopefully this will help him! :D

Great job! I just purchased that pattern the other day, but haven't started it yet. I really wanted a cable pattern that worked on both sides. I'm glad it worked out so well for you.

Great job! :clap It turned out wonderfully. I'm so glad you were able to make this work for you. It made me chuckle a little when I was reading that you made it for your brother for his walks to the train in the morning - this is exactly what I made the my first Rugged Mountain Scarf for - my brother's morning walks to the train :lol

:clap Yay!!! :yay I'm so glad that you were able to figure it out and get it done. It looks fantastic. Once you figure out those cables, it really is quite easy and goes pretty quickly. I am sure that your brother will love it and wear it proudly.

Archived