Crochetville Retreat: Class Ideas/Instructors Needed

Amy

Okay, it's looking more and more like we'll be able to pull off a Crochetville retreat in Nashville, TN. Most likely from Thursday, June 18 through Sunday, June 21, with everyone traveling home on Monday, June 22.

A lot of people in the other thread about the retreat indicated they'd be interested in taking some classes during the weekend. We'll have 3 SMALL classrooms available to us, in bolted-in conference room table/chairs, so we can fit a maximum of 9 students in each class. We can schedule classes from 9-noon and from 2-5 on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We're going to set the class fee at $30 per class.

If there are certain classes you're interested in taking, please post them here.

If you would like to teach a class, please contact me via PM. Then we can discuss everything in more detail.

I will try to keep this post updated with class topic suggestions and the number of people who would be interested in each class. Please feel free to make suggestions even if you don't know yet whether or not you'd be able to attend.

POTENTIAL CLASSES FOR CROCHETVILLE RETREAT:

Spinning

Tapestry crochet

Maryann, thanks for the suggestions. Since we'll be in a hotel setting, I don't think yarn dyeing is going to work, unless people were just interested in a lecture-style class. It would be too difficult to find an appropriate place to actually dye anything.

So please remember that we'll be in small hotel conference rooms when suggesting class ideas. Classes that would require each participant to have lots of room to spread out probably aren't going to work, neither will classes that could be "messy." :)

But beading and tapestry would definitely work!

Archived