Barroque Christmas Hat

Crafty_Andy

2969779374_7fb3af9de6_o.jpg2948855753_3d62b5196e_m.jpg

This is actually a combination of Tapestry Crochet to the white band, then the stitches are picked up with knitting needles and knitted to the end! A successful combination of both crochet and knit. Tapestry Crochet is a lot like embroidery. I am following a chart here, but tyou have to be very careful how to carry the yarn, select a hook size, sometimes you want the yarn to show through , sometimes you dont, but I will tell you that the green on top looks different than the green on the bottom and it is the same yarn. Tapestry Crochet is A fun to do , but time consuming, most of my crochet hats are made this way. Most people don't believe is crochet at all lol! Thanks for the great comments!

That is so awesome! How do you get that kind of detail? I've never done any tapestry crochet. Is it a lot like knitting? That hat looks like something you'd find at an expensive store. I can change colors but I have no idea how to do something like that. Wow!

A wonderful hat, and a very good combination of knittting and crochet. I, personally, prefer knitted rib to the crocheted version, and I am sure your knitted band will ensure that the hat is a very good fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, Andy! Your hats are WONDERFUL! I read your blog and you have some fantastic work on there! I love seeing men do such great things with crochet. I'm always trying to get my husband interested in it, and he admires the things that I make, but I can't get him past the mental image that I guess most men have of how they think people see a male who does needlework of any kind, but he's smart and he's talented and I KNOW that he would do nice work. I am going to mail him a link to your blog so he can see your hats. Maybe it will inspire him! I know it has inspired me!

Archived