Flingy thingy for my furbaby

bajr

My furbaby seems to be very hard on her toys...she rips the stuffing out of the cloth toys and simply will not play with the rubber or latex ones. So, when she kept going to my yarn basket and getting out one particular ball of green cotton, I thought I would try to make her a toy and see how it lived up to her play. The green one has been played with for about 3 months now and is still intact :lol. Just finished the multi-colored one and she loves it too.

FlingyThingy.jpg

She grabs onto the leggy part and tosses the toy all around the house, you never know where they will end up :lol.

:yes Chiscrochetcrazy, you are exactly right.

moomoo, All I did was crochet a ball and on 2 rounds I added the leggys by chaining 12 then sl st into the chains until I got back to the ball. I had 18 sc stitches on the rounds when I added the leggys, so I ended up with a leggy every 3 sc stitches, 6 leggys per round. Then working even, I did a couple more rounds of just sc, then added another round with leggys. I then did 1 more round working even, then started to decrease until it was time to stuff. I used part of a old cotton t-shirt for the multi-color one, that way if she should get the stuffing out it isn't anything that she could swallow or tear up very easily. Hope this makes sense :D

Wow Bajr thank you so much for explaining that to me I will make my pooch one tonight and will post a photo here so you see my ball too..

thats a great idea about the old tee shirt so in case she tears it ...

We will see tonight how things go...

hugs

Lillibet

Wow Bajr thank you so much for explaining that to me I will make my pooch one tonight and will post a photo here so you see my ball too..

thats a great idea about the old tee shirt so in case she tears it ...

We will see tonight how things go...

hugs

Lillibet

You are very welcome...please be sure to post so we can all see your furbabies' new toy.

• 2 weeks later...

What neat toys! I've made balls for my 3 cats, but they don't play with them much, but they would play with these! They would love the leggies sticking out everywhere. I will have to try and make one for them to fight over. Thanks for sharing!

My kitties love their crocheted toys the best, too! I think I will try making some of these soon, too! They look like great fun with all those legs to chew on and carry the "prey" around!

My kittens would love something like there. Where did you get the pattern from?

I didn't really have a pattern, just an idea of what my furbaby might play with and not tear apart in the first 5 minutes :lol.

Post 7 is a brief description of how I made them, I think any ball pattern would work, just add the leggy things as you make the ball.

These seem pretty tough, my furbaby still has the first one I made for her, other than being a little fuzzy, it is still in good shape and not losing any stuffing.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived