Overlapping Hearts Bookmark Pattern

champygirl

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I am not "new" to crocheting, but not very good at it!  I have tried over 10 times to do this pattern and my hearts don't overlap!  There is something I'm missing and I can't figure it out!  Can anyone explain what part of the heart overlaps on the pattern?  Mine have a few chains in between each heart.  I LOVE this pattern and am determined to figure it out.... hopefully!  Thanks in advance!

I am not "new" to crocheting, but not very good at it!  I have tried over 10 times to do this pattern and my hearts don't overlap!  There is something I'm missing and I can't figure it out!  Can anyone explain what part of the heart overlaps on the pattern?  Mine have a few chains in between each heart.  I LOVE this pattern and am determined to figure it out.... hopefully!  Thanks in advance!

I think the hearts don't really overlap - they're strung one after the other, with the point touching the previous heart's cleft, if you know what i mean...

Look at the projects here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/overlapping-hearts-bookmark/people

You'll get a better idea of what it's supposed to look like

I think the hearts don't really overlap - they're strung one after the other, with the point touching the previous heart's cleft, if you know what i mean...

Look at the projects here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/overlapping-hearts-bookmark/people

You'll get a better idea of what it's supposed to look like

I DID IT!!!  I can't explain what I was doing wrong, but let's just say there was more than one thing I was doing wrong!  This is my favorite bookmark so far!  Thanks!  I think I am going to use my magnifying glass I hang around my neck.....! Thanks, again! :clap

I DID IT!!!  I can't explain what I was doing wrong, but let's just say there was more than one thing I was doing wrong!  This is my favorite bookmark so far!  Thanks!  I think I am going to use my magnifying glass I hang around my neck.....! Thanks, again! :clap

Yay!

• 2 weeks later...

Could I ask a REALLY stupid question?  :think  When you use these beautiful bookmarks, which part should go in the book, and which part should hang out?  (I know--I'm 68 years old, and I can't believe I just asked that either!! :no)

AvonLady, I'd probably just make a few hearts in thread with a long tail and leave the hearts hanging out, but I do have some long bookmarks that hang out at both the top and bottom of my books.

But then, who am I to ask, I made 7 of these in yarn into a headband and used 20 along each side of my last baby afghan, haven't got to trying them worked in thread yet..

My Librarian friends will certainly cringe at these made with yarn, but they are probably okay in thread.

Archived