:heartOverlapping Hearts Bookmark :heart

post-11825-135897399974_thumb.jpg
Another pic Here
Copyright to champygirl October 20, 2008

Materials:
Size 10 Thread
Size 7 steel hook (1.65mm)
Needle (to weave in end)

Start: Leaving a 3” to 4” inch tail Ch87.

Heart #1: 5 treble crochet in 4th chain from hook, 1 dc in next chain, 1 hdc in next chain, 1 sc in next chain and Ch2. Turn so your working on other side of chain, 1 sc in same st as first sc. (the ch2 should be overlapping the chains left unused), 1 hdc in next chain, 1 dc in next chain, 5 treble crochet in next chain, ch3, sl st in same chain as trebles.

Heart #2: Ch7, 5 treble crochet in 4th chain from hook, 1 dc in next chain, 1 hdc in next chain, 1 sc in next chain and ch2. Turn so you are working on other side of chain, 1 sc in same st as first sc (the ch2 should be overlapping previous heart), 1 hdc in next chain, 1 dc in next chain, 5 treble crochet in next chain, ch3 and sl st in same chain as trebles.

Hearts #3 & #4: Repeat Heart #2 two times for Hearts 3 and 4.
Finish off and weave in end.

Note: If you want more hearts just keep repeating Heart #2.

Tassel: Cut 10 8” or 6” pieces of thread. Stick hook in first chain made (of ch87). Fold strands of thread in half onto hook and pull up a loop with the strands into chain. Pull loose strands through loop (sneaking in tail) and pull taut. Make a knot so tassel stays in place.

There’s a diagram here. I know it’s from my other bookmark, but I figured it would help give you an idea.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl October 20, 2008. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing this pattern. :clap

I have been looking for the perfect bookmark to make for the ladies in my weight loss group, and this is it! I love the string of hearts!:manyheart

I'll be able to take the supplies with me on my trip and work them up while I'm away. Yea!

P.S. Thank you! (Hiding my delight)

Marcia

:yarn:yarn:crocheting:yarn:yarn

• 1 year later...

Hi - I am just making this bookmark for the first time tonight and was wondering why I have pretty big holes in the middle of each of my hearts? I haven't crocheted using thread for a very long time and am having a little trouble adjusting the the size.

Also, do you know what to use as a stiffener for the bookmark to make it more sturdy?

Thank you for the pattern - I think I will be using it a lot.

Kathy

• 1 year later...

Archived