High-Priced Crocheted Items!

birdlady1

Was just perusing the latest issue of Elle magazine and page 154 has some highly priced crocheted items. There's a long-sleeved granny square jacket for US$375! :eek:thinkThere's a crocheted leather bag for over US$600!:eek:think

The link for the jacket's designer is www.peterjensen.co.uk however I couldn't find the jacket on the website.

Can you imagine! $375 for a granny square jacket???!!! I don't think I could sell one of mine at that price at the local craft shows:lol. Maybe it's lined in 14K gold!

well, yikers, much of the collection shown isn't too pretty---looks like a boyscout mountain climber theme and much of the colors onthe girls don't even match or go together. I guess if you advertise in a magazine like Elle and add a designer tag to it you can charge whatever you want. Celebrities or pseudo celebrities don't shop in Kmart or Wallyworld or even Macy's or Lord & Taylor.....they have personal stylists who shop the designers. I guess if they want to pay that much for some yarn, more power to em!!!!!

It's probably 100% natural fiber, that's why it's expensive. there are two ladies that hit the craft show circuit around here charging like 300 to 600 for a knitted blanket, and 80 to 150 for knitted and crocheted purses.

If you use real stuff you have to charge more.

Further proof that some people will pay any price for the name on the jacket instead of what they are actually buying. You're so right. Any craft person trying to get a decent price for their work would never get that. Heck half the people dont even want to pay for your time and supplies. It's crazy.

well, yikers, much of the collection shown isn't too pretty---looks like a boyscout mountain climber theme and much of the colors onthe girls don't even match or go together.

...and the expressions on the models' faces! It's like they know how ridiculous they look in some of those clothes.

Archived