*** UPDATED WITH PHOTO *** I just hope she doesn't upstage the bride

JillD

*** UPDATE ***

Here is a photo of my daughter in the dress and sweater. And yes, she is always that happy (except in the evening when the rest of the kids are bed and I want to crochet).

IMG_1988_1_1-3.jpg

This is the Garden Cherub set from the Crochet Garden. The set is actually a sweater and top, but I made the top longer so it could be a dress for my 5-month-old to wear to my sister's wedding next weekend.

I used a smaller hook because I wanted a denser fabric, and followed the instructions for the 12-month rather than 6-month size. That seemed to work well.

I haven't tried it on my daughter yet. I will post a photo of her when I get the chance.

IMG_1975_1.jpg

UPDATE: I like to know the yarn used, too, and I forgot to include it. I used about 4.25 balls of Coats & Clark Royale Size 3 thread in Bridal White and 3 skeins of the same in Scarlet.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOOOOOOOOO now that is an ADORABLE dress! I absolutely love it! You did a wonderful job. I cannot wait to see your baby girl in this dress! HOWEVER, I am kind of addicted to knowing what kind of yarn is used and nobody ever tells that. :giggle So, What kind of yarn did you use for it?

I updated my post with yarn info. Sorry for leaving it out.

Thanks for doing that Jill! I just cannot get over how beautiful this dress is! Definately one of the prettier items I have seen on this site! :yes

Archived