HomekeepingGran

Sissy thread?

Has anyone used this? Can you tell me if you like it? I bought some at my LYS and crocheted only a few rounds when I decided it's too soft for my taste. Of course, that could have to do with the fact that I was planning a doily in it; it might be much better for clothes. If you have used it, please review it for me.

' "Sissy 10" by Steinbach Wolle is a soft, 100% cotton thread-like yarn that can be used for lightweight tops, scarves, handbags, socks, and baby things. ' according to Yarndex. Doesn't say it is mercerized, it's fingering weight and recommends a size 2-2.5mm needle, which sounds bigger than size 10 thread.

Anybody you know need a scarf for Christmas? :lol

edit - I initially googled Sissy thread (since you said doily) and didn't come up with anything. It came up under Sissy yarn.

Edited by Granny Square

Right. A humongous scarf since I was planning a rather large tabletopper/doily.

I think the thread will be returned to the store. I've taken stuff back before and have just been frank enough to say "I don't care for this once I use it. May I return everything not broken into?" They've graciously taken it back which I totally appreciate. I guess I misunderstood what this thread is really for.