Thread thingie

Chatty

I've had this idea for about a week or so, maybe longer to make a thingie to hold my balls of thread while I'm crocheting. I don't like the prices on things like that in craft stores and knew I could make something for next to nothing and I did.

It's in my blog

It's all explained in my blog. I'm quite proud of myself :hook

:frog

I wanted a holder that I could use with multiple balls of thread~~mine holds up to three 350-400 yd balls or two balls of Aunt Lydia's Denim.

I can see wanting a smaller one, though. Good job, btw! :clap

I can see that and I do have a paper towel holder that never seems to get used. I might have to pull it off the wall, clean it up and use it too ;)

Very Clever.:clap

Never would of thought of that. I did think about putting something on the side of the wooden dvd holder that I have. :devil

I also use a papertowel holder. I have seen people use the banana holder also.:lol

What a great idea!!!! It's made with a toilet paper holder!!! BRILLIANT! So simply yet so smart!!! WAY TO GO!! :clap

Well the idea isn't patented so all you who want to make one go for it!!

All you need is a piece of an old board wide enough for a toilet tissue holder and said toilet tissue holder which you can pick up for around $4 at any dollar/discount store. A cordless drill with scredriver bits makes the job go really fast too, if you can handle one of those things, I borrowed Hubby's :D

I'm also recycling my wooden paper towel holder to be used for bigger/multiple balls since no one seems to want to put paper towels on it :lol I just need to clean it up really well.

Maybe I'll just get one of those cheapo paper towel holders to put back up in the kitchen, that way if someone does decide to put paper towels on the holder there'll still be one up there :D

Chatty, what a great idea. You have done it again! I have been putting mine in a bucket so it could roll around withouth running away. I like your idea much better!

Archived