Who's the fastest crocheter?

At my group yesterday, an older lady complimented me on how fast I crochet. She said that I was the fastest crocheter that she knew. Which was pretty nice to hear.

She's about 30 years older than me and has been crocheting since she was a teenager. It made me feel good.

So who's the fastest crocheter that you know? Is it your mom, your sister, or friend? Let us know.

:manyheart

Umm, I won a contest a couple years ago, so I guess it would be me out of the crocheters I know.

But I was watching TV one day and Lily Chin was on. Have you ever seen her crochet? Blinding speed!!

:hook Colleen

It's definitely not me. I started a triangle shawl Labor Day weekend 2007 and I'm not even halfway finished with it. I guess I get the Slowest Crocheter title. Would the award statue be a turtle or a snail? :think

I have no idea. It probably would be me, because nobody I know is a passionate crocheter. Does anybody know of a picture of Lily Chin crocheting? I would like to see her!

But I was watching TV one day and Lily Chin was on. Have you ever seen her crochet? Blinding speed!!

:hook Colleen

she's FAST! hard to believe Lisa Gentry is faster

If you want to see fast crocheting, you'll have to find a video of Lisa Gentry (who I think is a member here, somewhere...I know she's on Ravelry)

Lily Chin was NEVER the fastest crocheter in the world. She was only given that title when she was at a yarn or crochet/knitting event somewhere, and they had a contest and she won. The organizer of the event declared her the fastest crocheter in the world. At the time, the fastest crocheter was Barbara Jean Sonntag, who set the record in 1981. She held the title until Lisa Gentry broke the record in 2005.

http://www.hookandneedledesigns.com/fastest_crocheter.htm

I saw video of Lisa and Lily having a "crochet-off", and Lily was a snail compared to Lisa. Lily only crocheted 82 stitches to Lisa's 107.

http://fashiondesigners.suite101.com/article.cfm/lisa_gentry

If you want to see fast crocheting, you'll have to find a video of Lisa Gentry (who I think is a member here, somewhere...I know she's on Ravelry)

Lily Chin was NEVER the fastest crocheter in the world. She was only given that title when she was at a yarn or crochet/knitting event somewhere, and they had a contest and she won. The organizer of the event declared her the fastest crocheter in the world. At the time, the fastest crocheter was Barbara Jean Sonntag, who set the record in 1981. She held the title until Lisa Gentry broke the record in 2005.

http://www.hookandneedledesigns.com/fastest_crocheter.htm

I saw video of Lisa and Lily having a "crochet-off", and Lily just pretty much embarrassed herself by constantly trying to distract Lisa.

Lily was a snail compared to Lisa. Lily only crocheted 82 stitches to Lisa's 107.

http://fashiondesigners.suite101.com/article.cfm/lisa_gentry

Does anybody know of a video? I would like to see it!!!

I'm pretty fast, just like my mom. I'm not sure which of the crocheters I know would be the fastest. It all depends on what sort of pattern we're doing and if we have any distractions.... like my hubby who feels compelled to pay attention to me when I have yarn in my hands! lol (and a few times while typing this lol).... at least he doesn't attack the yarn like the cat does.... now THAT slows me down! ;)

Does anybody know of a video? I would like to see it!!!

I've been looking, but the news station website that hosted the video apparently took it down. I'll have to search someplace like YouTube and see if I can find it.

A friend told me her aunt was in a wheelchair and loved to crochet all day, every day. My friend said her aunt made two thread tablecloths a month! I questioned her but she stood firm. Two thread tablecloths a month. (I need an emoticon with bulging eyes.) I never knew her aunt but she had to have been incredibly fast.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I'm the only real crocheter I know, so I win by default. But in real life, I'm not terribly speedy. I like to take my time and relax.

WOW She is fast.

I hold my hook and yarn just like she does, but I can't crochet that fast.

In all the books and video's I've seen, no one has ever wrapped the yarn around their index finger like that. It's nice to know I am not the only one with the index finger in the air like that :)

WOW She is fast.

I hold my hook and yarn just like she does, but I can't crochet that fast.

In all the books and video's I've seen, no one has ever wrapped the yarn around their index finger like that. It's nice to know I am not the only one with the index finger in the air like that :)

Wow, so do I, and it waves up and down to control the tension. It's how I was taught and I have always done it that way.

Lily is going super speed....I can go fast if it is all one stitch, but when a combo of stitches I can't think that fast, :lol .

I wonder how they would do with thread :think, I am always slower in thread.

Wow, so do I, and it waves up and down to control the tension. It's how I was taught and I have always done it that way.

Lily is going super speed....I can go fast if it is all one stitch, but when a combo of stitches I can't think that fast, :lol .

I wonder how they would do with thread :think, I am always slower in thread.

Wow Carol, something else we have in common :hug

I, like you can go pretty fast if it's one stitch, but when it comes to a combo, my fingers and brain don't work together very well :lol

Archived