Seen at a conference

Twinsmom

I went to a conference for counselors about addiction and the woman next to me was knitting a sock. How cool is that? :yay It was really small and somehow didn't seem rude at all during the presentations.

The bad thing was it made me just crazy that I didn't have a crochet project with me!

I hear your pain :) It's fun to see a fellow crafter with the nerve to take a project out. And some settings just work better for it than others. Some places, that would have been rude, but some places are much more casual and have no problem at all. :)

• 1 month later...

Once on a train there was a lady crocheting and one doing needle point. I sat in the facing seat and started to crochet too. A guy got on, he had a choice of seats, as the car was only 1/2 full. He asked if he could sit with us because people give him strange looks when he knits! :lol. We had fun working and chatting, too bad he was going back to N.Y. in a couple of days (came for a funeral :().

Ellie 13

I went to a conference for counselors about addiction and the woman next to me was knitting a sock. How cool is that? :yay It was really small and somehow didn't seem rude at all during the presentations.

The bad thing was it made me just crazy that I didn't have a crochet project with me!

:lolas I was reading this was thinking about all of us with :yarn additions!!:thinkwonder if she is!!:yay

I attended a conference with a speaker, Dr. Wanda Draper, who said she had revised her opinion of people who did handwork when she spoke. Over the years, research has shown repetitive movement occupies one part of the brain and allows another part to listen, comprehend,and retain what we hear. In short, if you want to free your mind....Crochet!

I saw two women knitting before a concert (at a large church) started, and wished I had my crocheting with me. Only thing is, I think some of us grannies sometimes would like to downplay our granny image and crocheting in public just emphasizes it. Just a thought.

I attended a conference with a speaker, Dr. Wanda Draper, who said she had revised her opinion of people who did handwork when she spoke. Over the years, research has shown repetitive movement occupies one part of the brain and allows another part to listen, comprehend,and retain what we hear. In short, if you want to free your mind....Crochet!

That's why I work on projects in class. I started just to stay awake in one particular class, but when I noticed that I retained more and could still take notes, I expanded it to others. I know of a couple other people who do the same with knitting, and I have yet to encounter someone who even remotely minds.

Archived