Secret'ghan Delivered to Keesha

candy4271

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how you guys throw these squares together so fast :lol still working on sewing my gd afghan squares together since oct lol not very big now either :lol

I crochet them together.... using a "join as you go technique" kind of like this It seems like it took me forever. LOL

:cheer WOW looks WONDERFUL!!

Thanks!

I delivered the comfortghan and lapghan to Keesha today! & I had a wonderful visit with her and her family! Thanks for having me Keesha!

Here are the photos you all have been waiting for :cheer

3229567315_05fe4f900a.jpg

3239475923_464c36a55b.jpg

Oh my goodness, I can't even express what a shock this is! Candy thank you for providing the link so I could come visit this thread. I just read through it in its entirety and am just floored. My kids think I'm a little odd sitting here crying LOL but it's hard to explain this to a 6 and 7 year old!

I am moved beyond words by what everyone here has done for me. I was telling Candy during our visit earlier that I pretty much live in my recliner, rarely leaving the house, and this comfortghan will provide more emotional comfort than I can ever even attempt to describe. (Of course then there is also the physical warmth too, certainly, as one of those frustrating impacts of having a compressed brain stem is lack of body temperature control.) The smaller lapghan is also a perfect size for wearing in my wheelchair as well!

Living with progressive illness is lonely and overwhelming, but I am honored and so grateful for your incredible kindness. As I wrap up in this beautiful blanket, please know you have also brought me hope and love to help get me through this.

I can't thank you enough and I wish I had the right words to express it. I want to be sure everyone involved sees this so I hope it is ok that I post it as a thank you too? I don't want to miss anyone at all! I will never forget this.

Sending hugs to all of you tonight,

Keesha

Oh my goodness, I can't even express what a shock this is! Candy thank you for providing the link so I could come visit this thread. I just read through it in its entirety and am just floored. My kids think I'm a little odd sitting here crying LOL but it's hard to explain this to a 6 and 7 year old!

I am moved beyond words by what everyone here has done for me. I was telling Candy during our visit earlier that I pretty much live in my recliner, rarely leaving the house, and this comfortghan will provide more emotional comfort than I can ever even attempt to describe. (Of course then there is also the physical warmth too, certainly, as one of those frustrating impacts of having a compressed brain stem is lack of body temperature control.) The smaller lapghan is also a perfect size for wearing in my wheelchair as well!

Living with progressive illness is lonely and overwhelming, but I am honored and so grateful for your incredible kindness. As I wrap up in this beautiful blanket, please know you have also brought me hope and love to help get me through this.

I can't thank you enough and I wish I had the right words to express it. I want to be sure everyone involved sees this so I hope it is ok that I post it as a thank you too? I don't want to miss anyone at all! I will never forget this.

Sending hugs to all of you tonight,

Keesha

I think you've done a fine job of expressing your appreciation and am so happy that these afghans will bring you a bit of comfort and warmth. :hug

The 'ghans look lovely! Candy did a great job of arranging all the squares. I'm glad you are warmed by them, and I hope they truly bring you the comfort and love that went into it, everytime you wrap yourself into, or cuddle under, one or the other. :)

Blessings

It is so lovely. A true work from the heart.

My dear Keesha, I just spent two hours reading your blog, you are a true inspiration. I don't have the words to say.

God Bless you Keesha, and those of you involved in this, a wonderful thing!

:cheer AWESOME GHANS :cheer I joined the forum to late to be in on this but what an inspiring thing to read about. It warms my heart and brings tears to my eyes to see the love that has gone into something so special.

Keesha, you also show great courage and inspiration and are an amazing young woman! God Bless and Keep you.

Thank you! It's been a rough few days (found out need female surgery, then Friday tore up my shoulder really badly, entire arm is purple from shoulder down to fingers, kind of scary looking, desperately waiting ortho's office to open tomorrow) and I've been curled up with my blanket all weekend! :) I hope everyone who was involved has received my 'thank you' PM's or seen my post (for the ones whose screen names were unknown).

Hugs!

Archived