CoffeeCupCozies...

teakaycee

This is all Ann's (Serendipitycrafter) fault.... hehehheeeee

I now love my coffee so much... I'm putting sweaters on my cups... :hook

Seriously though... I snagged the pattern for the ceramic mug from Ann's blog where she shared it for us. But because of her idea... and instructions of alteration... I gave thought to making a cozy for a disposable cup. I am going to make these for my boys teachers for Christmas gifts. According to the count this morning from my boys.. I have 20 to make... YES 20. I have one in Jr High.. 7 teachers... and the other two have 2-3 teachers each for something.. .but then you have all the teachers and staff that they love ... just because. So total comes to 20. I'm going to make 10 of each and fill them with goodies.

Thanks Ann for the original pattern and inspiration!

post-18634-1358974227_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

Thank you everyone... I appreciate the compliments so very much!

I'm quite pleased with how these are turning out ... and think they will make a nice teacher gift!!!

Ann........ I'm totally with you on the reheat issue. I drink ALOT of coffee... I find that at times because my mug cools off on the outside.. it tends cause my coffee to get cool. Now I will drink cold coffee... but I prefer hot coffee. I have found that these neat little cozy sweaters have kept my mug warmer ... hence my coffee staying warmer longer. My problem is more of a *moooooom.... could you come help me* issue... I get pulled away from my coffee so often... I find myself reheating it. So far... I havent had to reheat a cup yet. I can get a cup of coffee drank and it still be warm.

Well... back to work... I have 17 more to go................. *whew*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well............. the intention was to make 20.... but my 12 year old thought it would be easier to pass out something smaller to all his teachers. So.................. This is a picture of the 10 CoffeeCupCozies for the younger two to pass out and 3 of the 12 Ice Cream Cone Cocoa gifts for my 12 year old. As I worked on the Coffee Cup Cozies.. I started making ever so slight changes to make the cozie work better. I'm quite pleased at how they all came out and so were the boys.

DCP02867.jpg

There are 5 ceramic mugs with cozies and 5 "to go" cups with cozies

Thank you ... thank you ... thank you!

Compliments are always appreciated!

The gifts went over very well... teachers were all pleased!

Thank you notes were sent home... with lovely words of thanks! My 8 and 9 yr olds even came home smelling of lovely ladies perfume... due to the huge hugs they received!!! hehehheeheh :U

I like your colors! I've lost count of how many I've made in Red Heart Holiday! They work up so quickly.

Thank you.... the colors are the School colors. They worked well together on the cozies.

yes... they do work up quickly... which make them great for last minute gifts!

• 5 months later...

Archived