Michaels in Denton, TX

froggie

My Michaels is remodeling. Moving things around. I ran in there this afternoon just to check out clearance stuff and I didn't have time to track someone down to ask about the yarn department. From the looks of things, they may be downsizing the yarn department. I don't know that for a fact, though. Anybody know?

Froggie (aka Jana in Denton, TX)

I have no idea. I might be going there later this afternoon. I live in Flower Mound. Do you live close by?

I live on the other side of Denton from Michaels--I live on the far NW side.

Oh no, Jana!!! I'll have to stop by on my way home from work today and check that out. That would suck b/c Michael's tends to carry a lot of yarn that HL doesn't and with more variety in colors.

Yeah, I'd hate to see the yarn department shrink. I do buy yarn at Michaels. HL is usually too expensive. As I said, I don't know for sure that it's happening. They might have gotten rid of some stuff just to make the remodeling easier.

But, did you notice that they got rid of the crochet thread completely a couple of weeks ago? And last week I was in there, and noticed an employee pricing some yarn over by where they used to keep the clearance. I asked her what the price was for the yarn and she said she was just getting ready to send it to another Michaels--that our Michaels wasn't going to carry it anymore. So, it's these things that make me suspicious...:sigh

Post if you do go by and find out anything. Like I said, I was just dashing in and out and didn't have time to wait for an employee to be available--that's why I didn't ask about it.

Jana

Yeah, I noticed that they were moving things around the last time I was in there, but I thought the yarn was about the same. I will go look for myself. I did notice that the Michael's in Lewisville as downsized.

Karen

An update: my Michaels is still remodeling, but the yarn area has moved from the very back left corner up to the very front right corner! However, IMHO the amount of yarn has decreased. I may just stop shopping there altogether. I'm just kind of "meh..."

We have Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Walmart, and a Joann's with a very small yarn department. Aside from the thrift shops, where else is there to buy yarn in Denton, TX?

Archived