Vanna's Choice Yarn

SarahsStitches

I'm so sorry if somebody has already done a post on this, but I was wondering about Vanna's Choice. Why does everybody like it so much? I haven't ever gotten it, but I've heard it is really good. I know Vanna White is a really good crocheter, but there are a lot of good crocheters on crochetville! Has she done something amazing? Thank you!

I love the softness of it and when you work with it, it doesn't split. I love the colors and everything I have made with it washes up beautifully and looks as good today as the day I made it! I truly don't mind paying a little more for a yarn that I feel is so much nicer to work with. Try a skein and let us know what you think!

I love the yarn, not necessarily Vanna (though she's pretty cool too). It's a very soft yarn, a little thicker than other WWs, doesn't split, very nice colors. Holds up through the washer and dryer. I've had knots in a few skeins but absolutely every brand of yarn I've ever purchased has had knots, some brands more than others and I don't get many with Vanna's. I buy on sale for special projects. I have 18 balls stashed for an afghan for ME. :hook It started out to be a poncho with 9 balls but I couldn't understand the poncho pattern and the 9 balls magically multiplied into 18. :devil I've made hats and scarves, amigurumi, and a couple of throws with it. I'd use it more often if it wasn't so expensive.

It is softer than so many acrylics but sturdier than Red Heart Soft, Simply Soft or Bernat Satin. I like the stability without scratchiness and the nice selection of colors.

I didn't think it worked all that well for the amigurumi either.

i find it leaves the holes too big and the stuffing shows through.

it's much too soft, and somewhat thinner i guess than Red Heart which i use for most of my ami's.

I've used it for a baby sweater and just loved it! I like the fact that it's thicker than other yarns. The nice thing about it is that it's acrylic, but a really nice texture. I'm thinking of getting some on sale and making myself a sweater with it.

Crafty friends and I are collaborating on an afghan for a wedding gift. It was my idea, so I sent them off to buy Vanna's Choice in various colors to make strips. OK, so we're knitting-I'm the only crocheter in the bunch. Imagine my surprise when they showed up at Knit Night with 7 oz. skeins! They had all gone together to WalMart and 7 oz. was the only size they saw. No wonder they thought I was out of my mind when I told them to knit the whole skein on size 9 needles! I defended myself by saying I had no idea the larger skeins were in existence. They were relieved to find out they could knit about half the skein and be done. :knit

Caron Simply Soft is much thinner than Vanna's. The suggested crochet hook for Simply Soft is H, for Vanna's it's a J so that gives you an idea of the difference in thickness. Simply Soft splits like crazy for me, Vanna's doesn't. I think Vanna's holds up better in the washer/dryer. I will use both as well! Depends on what I want and who's on sale. :hook

OMG, I didn't know Michael's had Vanna's for 2 bucks. :eek You guys are baaaaad for my yarn budget. :D

I stopped by Michael's yesterday, and noticed a tiny little clearance rack in the corner I'd never really seen before. There's several skeins of Vanna's Choice, marked down to $1.99 so I grab several skeins, really thinking I'm getting something...THEN I noticed that ALL of VC yarn was on sale :lol

I think its wonderful yarn. It holds up to washing, and doesn't come out of the dryer looking frizzy/pilly. I like it because it doesn't split, too. Its a little pricey, but its usually pretty easy to find a good sale on it somewhere. Great color selection, too!:yes

Archived