This is a silly show and tell ...

faithpa76

I am not a fan of the towel topper, but yours makes me change my mind. I really like it! What kind of yarn did you use?

I don't know what kind of yarn it is - it's from my mom's stash and it doesn't have a label. It's a fuzzy-ish ww acrylic - I think it was made in the 80s? Not sure.

Sorry!

iT'S WONDERFUL!! And ya know what? It matches MY kitchen! LOL

Did you write down or post the pattern anywhere? I'm new so maybe I missed it somewhere?

It is very nice!! :)

iT'S WONDERFUL!! And ya know what? It matches MY kitchen! LOL

Did you write down or post the pattern anywhere? I'm new so maybe I missed it somewhere?

It is very nice!! :)

I haven't written it down yet but I can. I should probably do it sooner than later so I don't forget - lol! ;)

• 1 month later...

I like towel toppers, don't see a thing wrong with them. I buy dishcloths quite often with that in mind (if only I'd actually sit and make the toppers). :U

It's fun to look at old "standards" with the new yarns, patterns, materials supplies etc. and make them more applicable to modern styles. Towel toppers are handy, and there

are many fun towels and yarns to use for all ages. They make nice house warming, first apartment , and shower gifts. Even the old boring ones. It was nice that this one made use of a special button-it is more personal.

Debbi

Hi

It is not silly. It is something that you accomplished and enjoyed doing. I make them but I use the cotton thread and don't attach it to any material. I hang it from my stove and make a dishcloth to match. I buy the big ball of cotton bernat and can make about six sets. When someone visits I give it to them as a gift and they just love it. I only use white or ecru...mostly everybody likes the ecru as it looks very nice. I also keep extra dishclothes and pass those out as small gifts.

Krystal, the toppers are really pretty easy. crochet pattern central has some good ones. there is one I particularlly like where you make a flower or butterfly or something else on the end, & it is used as the button.

Your towel topper looks great! Good job! Also, I wanted to comment that you did a great job photographing it. I couldn't get mine to look that good in a photograph (sniff). Don't apologize for enjoying towel toppers--those of us who love them, love them. A lot.

Also, ladies, if there is a figure you really want on a towel (for instance, the dragonfly) there are a lot of ladies with those embroidery machines who will do it for you. Will cost some $ but you will have exactly what you want (at much less cost than what those embroidery machines cost). Another option is to buy a ready made applique and SEW it on (don't iron it on-it won't stay wash after wash). I hardly ever shop at Walmart, but I noticed that they do have a variety of appliques.

oh how neat is this! i just was asking a friend of mine who crochets what exactly was a towel topper.. and she told me and i have to admit i was thinking old granny... but it looks great totally hip and young! if you wrote the pattern down maybe share it with us all thru www.crochetme.com that's just a thought though... anyways great job it's very pretty

allena

my blog

Archived