This is a silly show and tell ...

faithpa76

I know there are lots of you who don't like towel toppers, lol, so you may want to back right out of this post. ;)

I've never made one before - didn't really like any of the patterns I've seen. I grabbed one I've had for ages that my grandmother gave me, and the one from Lanette (she had my name in the kitchen & bathroom swap, and sent me a gorgeous one) and looked at both really carfully - took the characteristics I liked from both and created my own.

So - even though I had finished towels in hand, this is my first ever do-from-scratch-with-no-pattern, and I'm pretty proud of it. It doesn't match anything in my kitchen (although it will work in the second bathroom when i'm done with it) but it does match my bedroom - lol! I went through my mom's old button collection and found an old silver button that was on one of the dresses she used to wear.

And after all that - and this is all over a towel topper - :lol

DSC03134b.jpg

Thanks for looking and humoring me! ;)

I have never been a huge fan of towel toppers but I LOVE that one! And I really love the towel you used too and the colors you chose are perfect for it. Where did you find a towel like that? My oldest daughter is getting ready to move out on her own and she loves dragonflies.

I know there are lots of you who don't like towel toppers, lol, so you may want to back right out of this post. ;)

I've never made one before - didn't really like any of the patterns I've seen. I grabbed one I've had for ages that my grandmother gave me, and the one from Lanette (she had my name in the kitchen & bathroom swap, and sent me a gorgeous one) and looked at both really carfully - took the characteristics I liked from both and created my own.

So - even though I had finished towels in hand, this is my first ever do-from-scratch-with-no-pattern, and I'm pretty proud of it. It doesn't match anything in my kitchen (although it will work in the second bathroom when i'm done with it) but it does match my bedroom - lol! I went through my mom's old button collection and found an old silver button that was on one of the dresses she used to wear.

And after all that - and this is all over a towel topper - :lol

DSC03134b.jpg

Thanks for looking and humoring me! ;)

Did you right down the pattern? If so, would you like to share it?

I have never been a huge fan of towel toppers but I LOVE that one! And I really love the towel you used too and the colors you chose are perfect for it. Where did you find a towel like that? My oldest daughter is getting ready to move out on her own and she loves dragonflies.

I don't remember where I got it!! I *think* I got it at a dollar store - it was back before Christmas. I have a second one (that hasn't been "topped") that I'm not likely to use, send me a PM if you'd like it for her and I'll mail it to you.

I like it a lot! I'm not a huge fan of towel toppers either, but this one's cute! When I saw it, my first thought was that it would be cute in yellow, with a towel that had bees on it (it reminds me of a bee hive!) (And that's a good thing lol)

Archived