“Say Goodnight Gracie” – Nightgown for 18-inch Doll

darski

• 8 months later...

Please help. I want to make this for my granddaughter for her doll for Christmas, but I am having trouble with the following:

On row 2 you end up with 50 dc. On row 3 you work even so 50dc.

Then row 4 shows to add 1 stitch in joining but shows that you have 41dc. Can anyone explain if 41dc is just a typo. Thanks for the help.

Please help. I want to make this for my granddaughter for her doll for Christmas, but I am having trouble with the following:

On row 2 you end up with 50 dc. On row 3 you work even so 50dc.

Then row 4 shows to add 1 stitch in joining but shows that you have 41dc. Can anyone explain if 41dc is just a typo. Thanks for the help.

Thank you for finding that. it was a typo. ( I hope :rofl )

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I am working on the Christmas version and I am totally lost when it comes to the sleeves.

Row 1: Work around sleeve hole with sc in underarm, work 1 hdc then work in dc. Work [dc in 1, 2dc in next] around the armhole and return to the hdc/ sc to finish.

I'm not sure where I start to work around the sleeve hole. There are 4 stitches on the bottom - do you sc in those 4? What does "work 1 hdc then work in dc" mean? For how many stitches? Is anyone able to give me a stitch by stitch help with this?

My daughter is getting an 18 inch doll for her birthday in a couple of weeks and this is my first attempt at making doll clothes.

Row 2: again work sc/hdc up to the dc section. Dc evenly over dc and return to hdc/sc

What does work sc/hdc mean?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

In order to get the sleeves to slope downward as they would in a cloth version I suggest that you work sc at the base of the sleeve hole. In order to make a smooth adjustment to dc you need at least one half double crochet (hdc) between sc and dc.

if you don't like all this complicated fitting you can simply work the sleeves in dc and have done with it.

What does hdc/sc mean?

that is just short hand for discussing where you are maneuvering between the sc and the hdc sections at the base of the armhole

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Donna changed the title to “Say Goodnight Gracie” – Nightgown for 18-inch Doll

Archived