“Say Goodnight Gracie” – Nightgown for 18-inch Doll

darski

“Say Goodnight Gracie” – nightgown for 18 inch doll :pinterest

post-4896-135897601025_thumb.jpg

These yarns (more mill ends) are what I would call a hefty Sports weight rather than a WW yarn. I started with a 5.mm hook and changed up at the ruffle.

Yarn colours: deep pink, pink, and white.

The nightgown

Row 1: With deep pink. Ch 55, hdc in 2nd ch from hook and the next 7, ch 4, skip 11, hdc in 16, ch 4, sk 11, hdc in 8. (32 hdc and 2-ch4)

Row 2: Dc in every hdc and chain but work a [3dc group] in each front section and 3 in the back section. (50 dc)

Row 3: Dc evenly across and join.

Row 4: dc around and add in a dc over the join gap. (51dc)

Rows 5- 18: dc evenly. Break off Deep pink.

Row 19: Attach white and sc around edge with 5.5mm hook.

Row 20: work [dc in 3, 3dc in next] around the hem – however it works out. I put in an extra 3dc group after only 2 dc just for the frilly effect.

Return to the neck edge. Beginning at the right work sc around the neck opening working a double decrease at each strap corner. (dbl decrease means remove 2 stitches instead of 10

Next row: work dc along the front edge – make one decrease. sl st into and along strap to back work in dc making 3 decreases, sl st into and along strap to front, work dc along the front again making 1 decrease. Break off Deep pink and tidy ends.

Attach white yarn at Centre Back. Work a ch 3 mesh along the neck edge, work sc along the left front opening. When going up the right front opening, work some button loops if you wish to have them, return to ch 3 mesh around the neck portion, join and Break off. Tidy all ends.

Pink slippers.

post-4896-135897601128_thumb.jpg

These were made a bit larger than my usual shoe pattern so that they would look more slipper like. Note that you start and end in the heel section.

With pink and 5.5mm hook ch 6

Row 1: 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next, hdc in next 2, 5 hdc in end chain, hdc in next 2 ch, sc in next, put 3 more sc in beginning stitch. Join.

Row 2: Hdc evenly around being generous with increases to keep the sole flat.

Row 3: flip sole good side down and work FPsc into every stitch. Ch1 and turn

Row 4: hdc around the fpsc and work a decrease on each side of the heel. I also worked one decrease in the instep area just to make it more likely to stay on.

Row 5: hdc around working 5 hdc decreases around the toe area.

Row 6: mark the (visual) Centre Front Stitch. Hdc decrease, hdc up to the CF stitch, ch 2, sl st into CF stitch, ch 2, hdc to last 2 st, hdc dec. join and Break off. Tidy all ends. Add a bow using the two colours from the nightie to tie them together {boo, hiss, pun :wlol}.

post-4896-135897601131_thumb.jpg

The Christmas version:

post-4896-135897601134_thumb.jpg

Work the nightgown as in the Deep pink version with these changes. This needs Red, white and a little titch of green yarn.

1.About row 12, I worked in 4 increases evenly.

2. add in the sleeves as follows…

attach the yarn in the underarm region. Use FPsc in the underarms to help to get the sleeves going in the right direction.

The sleeves...

Row 1: Work around sleeve hole with sc in underarm, work 1 hdc then work in dc. Work [dc in 1, 2dc in next] around the armhole and return to the hdc/ sc to finish.

Row 2: again work sc/hdc up to the dc section. Dc evenly over dc and return to hdc/sc

Row 3: work in dc around this time but work [dc in 2, dc dec in next] over the previous increase area.

Row 4&5: work a dc dec in the beginning and the end with dc evenly around.

Row 6-8: dc evenly around. Break off and tidy ends.

Frill: Attach white and sc around edge, then work ch 3 mesh in each sc around.

For this sleeved version, I found I needed to add a tie to thread through these mesh stitches to keep the neck edge closed. I just made a twisted cord in red. Green might have been a good choice too.

Christmas slippers

post-4896-135897601136_thumb.jpg

with Two Strands of Red yarn and a 5.5 mm hook

Row 1: Ch 5, 2sc in 2nd ch from hook , hdc in next 2, 5 hdc in last ch, hdc in next 2, 3 more sc in beginning stitch.

Row 2: Hdc around the edge being very generous in your increases to keep the sole flat. Join and break off red yarn.

Uppers… given the style of the slippers, select a stitch to start in and work FPsc around the toe area. Ch1 and turn. I had 15 stitches for mine.

Row 2 : hdc in each FPsc, ch 9 (forms heel strap so make it as long or short as you need) and join to beginning hdc.

Row 3: hdc in 1st. hdc to end, sl st into 1st ch of strap. Secure and break off yarn.

Mob Cap…

post-4896-0-10274900-1359386808_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-70065400-1359386820_thumb.jpg

You need white yarn, red yarn and a ¼ inch elastic band that fits around the head comfortably. The larger hook is to create a softer fabric.

With white and 5.5mm hook.

Row 1: Ch 4, [dc in 4th ch from hook, ch 1] seven times. ( 8 dc and 8 ch 1 spaces)

Row 2-4: work [dc, ch 1] in every dc and ch 1 space. (16, 32, 64 dc and ch 1 spaces)

Rows 5-8: work evenly in [dc, ch1] mesh. At the end of Row 8 secure white but DNBO.

Attach Red yarn and work hdc into every DC and over the elastic band to form casing. Join and break off red.

Pick up the white again and work a [dc, ch 2] mesh in every hdc. Break off and tidy all ends.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2008

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

Oh, Darski!!! These are just adorable! I love them...(and I don't think I ever mentioned that my AG is named Grace after my favorite aunt, and my best friend from years ago) Thanks for sharing!!

Now that is just precious. I can't wait til my baby DGD gets big enough to have a doll so I can make clothes for her.

This is yet another gorgeous pattern. You blow my mind with the creativity that you display with all these gorgeous patterns.

I now have my own Dora doll (thanks to my sister and niece) now I would kill for an American Girl Doll.

I don't think that I ever grew up - my friends all say that I should have had a girl of my own - no such luck - two big hulking boys, who always delighted in ripping the heads of any dolls that were in the house. It is only now that they are teenagers, that I can safely have any dolls of my own.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have just joined Crochetville so please bear with me if I am in the wrong place. I have returned to crocheting after a 30 year absence. Barbie clothes were in vogue then and I made several for my daughter. When I decided to return to the hobby I was pleasantly surprised to find most things were American Girl related (much bigger items) for much older eyes. Although I would eventually like to get back to the finer threads.

I have been very excited to find so many patterns on line to get me back into the groove. I am, however, rusty with my stitches and am here to ask for some help with "Gracie". The neck edge is calling for a ch3 mesh - what is a ch3 mesh? I have some ideas but would still like clarification.

Thanks.

• Donna changed the title to “Say Goodnight Gracie” – Nightgown for 18-inch Doll

Archived