Lipbalm cozies

Nikkidear

I made up a simple pattern.

In case anyone else wants it....

ch 2 , 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook, slip st to join (5 sc)

ch 2(counts as 1 sc), sc in same ch, 2 sc in each ch around. (10 sc)

continue 1 sc in each sc , work in rounds like a spiral until piece in one rnd taller then lipbalm

ch 1, turn sc in next 5

ch 1 turn, sc in next 5 over keyring

ch 1 turn sc in next 5 for 4 more rows

ch 8 turn slip st to last sc in row to make loop. fasten off, weave in ends.

I hope this makes sense as I'm not one to normally write down patterns.

I plan on making a score of these for stocking stuffers too.

I admit, when I saw the title I was a tad confused - why would anyone want a lipbalm cosy? :think

I'm so glad I looked, you're cosies are fabulous! :clap I just love them! The little button and the keyring are what makes them so desirable (IMO) and I will definitely make a bunch for stocking stuffers. Thanks so much for sharing your creative idea :D

Very Good idea with the button. Great Job:cheer Thanx for sharing the pattern. I'm definitely going to make some of these for Christmas, especially my daughter who uses chapstick all the time.

Carol:hook

Since I've gotten a few emails...

For the one in the picture I used remnants of worsted weight yarn (mostly RHSS) and a size 7 hook. I've also done this pattern with a light worsted like Simply soft and a few types of baby yarn with the same hook, just adding an extra sc to the first round so it totals 6 and the next totals 12. If you don't have a 7 an H hook should do the trick, G ig you crochet loose. I've found the best thing is to have a sample chapstick handy to make sure it fits after a few rounds, and to gauge the height.

Hope this helps.

Archived