Do you have friends who crochet or are you a Lone Crocheter?

WendyP

Lone crocheter. I get a lot of teasing (good-natured) but that's ok. Just about everyone likes the afghans and slippers I'm addicted to making.:crocheting

I am another lone crocheter. However, my daughter knits, so we often work while talking and she has a knitting group with a couple of crocheters in it. (She has invited me to join her but I refuse because she needs activities that are just for her.) My sister does cross-stitch and hardanger, so we often work on our projects when we are together.

Lone crocheter. I've worked on teaching a few people, but one ended up moving as soon as I taught her, and the other hasn't made it past chaining yet. There are a lot of people up here who do fiber arts, but most gatherings are related to technical subjects and/or choice beverages. What can I say - it's a college town with an engineering school.

• 2 weeks later...

Lone crocheter, (except for the few times I get to relax with daughter). Daughter and I treasure the rare times we get to spend hours crocheting together. But most of the time we are busy gabbing and catching up or cooking or doing something that has to be done before she has to leave. No other friends who crochet or knit that I know of...

I am a lone crocheter. No one I know in real life crochets, although I do have an aunt who knits. I'm a member of various forums, such as this and craftster.org, so I have 'met' others with the same crocheting, knitting, and crafting interests.

• 2 weeks later...

lone crocheter here. once in a blue moon i get to crochet with my mom. but most of the time we spend gabbing or going places when i finally do get to see her. but dd is coming to stay with me for a couple of months while her dh is in bootcamp so i might have her to crochet with for a while. if her kids allow it.:yay

I was a lone crocheter but then my cousin (who I am super close to) started crocheting and we taught her daughter and now her friend has started crocheting. My other buddy Tara used to crochet with me but she's a busy office worker now and she doesn't do it much anymore.

I am a lone crocheter but that's only because I don't know anyone in my area who crochets or does any crafting. I would love to have a group of friends who get together just to crochey and talk, though

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donna changed the title to Do you have friends who crochet or are you a Lone Crocheter?

Archived